Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    How to edit a post or thread?

    Dear WHT users,
    I am new here and want to ask how can I edit my post and thread? Thank you for your help.
    www.kingfolio.com - //Unique web design.// info(eta)kingfolio.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,059
    Easy. Just display your post in your browser and click the Edit button. I believe the button is only available/visible within 15 minutes of your initial posting.

    vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

  3. #3
    Thank you for help vito. I understood that on advertising forum I can`t edit my post or thread.
    www.kingfolio.com - //Unique web design.// info(eta)kingfolio.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,059
    Oh really? That's something I didn't know. Thanks, we're both learning something today.

    Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Kalamazoo
    Posts
    33,190
    You can edit any of your posts within the 15 minutes vito spoke of.

    After 15 minutes, simply use the REPORT button and describe what you need edited.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    You can edit any of your posts within the 15 minutes vito spoke of.

    After 15 minutes, simply use the REPORT button and describe what you need edited.
    well when i did reports i get the messages from moderators that they don't do it. they simply told me to quote my messages to correct instead.

    why not allow people to edit all the time?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Kalamazoo
    Posts
    33,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrikk View Post
    well when i did reports i get the messages from moderators that they don't do it. they simply told me to quote my messages to correct instead.
    There are some instances where a post edit will defeat the purpose of a discussion. Some discussions wouldn't make much sense if earlier posts are edited to something that doesn't fit.

    I don't know what or how you wanted something edited. But I'm going to guess that it would have rendered the thread useless.
    why not allow people to edit all the time?
    See above.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,965
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    There are some instances where a post edit will defeat the purpose of a discussion. Some discussions wouldn't make much sense if earlier posts are edited to something that doesn't fit.

    I don't know what or how you wanted something edited. But I'm going to guess that it would have rendered the thread useless.
    See above.
    I didnt know THAT was the underlying reasoning for the 15 minute limit.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    2,781
    Just FYI, in Soviet Russia, you don't edit threads. Threads edit YOU.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •