Need recomendation

im looking for a Cpanel/whm vps to host a mirror of our main site, as well as hosting our offsite support center aswell as our offsite email and dns

I do not require a mass of space and bandwidth but uptime is critical and a sensible amount of ram at a resonable monthly price

If you can recomend a good company or you can offer me what i need let me know

thanks

I recommend WiredTree -- by far the best support and uptime I have ever experienced.

All you have to do is look around. There are a lot of 'flavors' and different features offered by different providers.

Are you looking for Xen or OpenVz?

Ive looked through there packages as i know there highly recomended and i cant seem to make the prices work and to ne honest its alot more than what i need, i need somehting pretty small as its only going to host our support/billing and exim and at a competitve rate

Virtuozzo/xen/openVZ are all fine im not a fan of hyperVM though
    Last edited by racked_solutions; 05-01-2008 at 10:50 AM.

HyperVM is merely a control interface for Xen or OpenVZ. Issue restarts, backups, and what not.

The underlying technology, Xen or Openvz are completely independent from HyperVM.

They're not comparable whatsoever.

Yes i am aware of that, when we have tested vps though in the past we havent had much luck with the hyperVM panel

Xen/openVZ it doesnt matter which one

You should be able to find a lot of choices by looking at the VPS Offers forum, and you can then research the providers to narrow down your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by racked_solutions View Post
    I do not require a mass of space and bandwidth but uptime is critical and a sensible amount of ram at a resonable monthly price

thanks
    The best plan for you would be a shared account. Since your requirement is not huge a quick search would find you a reliable host easily.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Unfortunatly a shared account wouldnt fit our needs we need root acess so we can setup the VPS to also handle the exim mail que and dns cluster for our servers.

I'd recommend KnownHost, very solid company with great uptime!
    ||| Red Line Services for all your Windows and Linux Hosting needs and custom design services!
    ||| Plesk/CPanel, ASP, ASP.NET 1/2, PHP4/5, MS SQL 2005, MySQL, AwStats.
    ||| Fully bilingual French/English service!

I would recommend Hostpenguin.net
    They have Fast support along with great customer relations.

Hello,

Checkout eurovps.com .. i didnot see any downtimes in last 3/4 months .. also their suports is in 2/3 minutes ...

Thankyou,

Devang
    Website Designing : www.itsy.in
    Hosting : www.speedhosting.in
    Call me Mumbai, India : +91 9819 88 0101 / 022 4015 4015

Hello, if you are going to set up a dns cluster with your other(s) server(s) try to search a vps provider in a smart location. My case: my primary dns server (company's server, support, main email) is located in Ashburn, Va while my secondary server (where customers are hosted on) is located in Chicago.

Two different and distant places, two very well connected cities, central and east location for the people.

Chicago - wiredtree
    Ashburn - powervps

Greetings.
    Need Further Assistance ? Here you go !

thanks for your suggestions we went with smokyhosts, unfortunatly we signed up 2days ago and still havent setup our vps so probley looking through some more of these reccomendations
    Last edited by racked_solutions; 05-03-2008 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by racked_solutions View Post
    thanks for your suggestions we went with smokyhosts, unfortunatly we signed up 2days ago and still havent setup our vps so probley looking through some more of these reccomendations
    That's unfortunate, did they provide a reason for the delay?

KnownHost.com and WiredTree.com were already mentioned in this thread, I would recommend searching for reviews.

well to start with they billed me $112 for some odd reason once i finally got a response on there paypal i sent payment, recived another email saying it was added to the deployment que - that was 9 hours ago