Thoughts on iBackup.com

Hello,

I am just looking for some feedback from people who have used / are using iBackup.com for their on-line storage backup.

I am looking to become a reseller for them, however their support is very slow and not all that helpful. Maybe I was just unlucky, so I would like some thoughts from first hand experience is possible.

Kind regards,
    Anthony

Anthony,
    I would encourage you to try IBackup.com's partnership. You can signup for this online and takes only a few minutes. You get 25% referral fees for the life of the account.
    Support responses are usually OK, did you call or email?

Matt
    Disclaimer: I work for IBackup.com

When I first started using them in the middle of 2007 they were fantastic. I wouldn't suggest them anymore. The support has been absolutely terrible the last few months. When I call support it sounds like I'm calling some generic call center. The people on the phone can't work fast enough to get me off the phone, regardless of whether the problem is solved. Email support, when they do respond, aren't helpful either.

The software itself is also buggy. With the Pro versions of 5.0 and 6.0 I've had nothing but trouble even getting the simplest of backups to run.

All that said, I haven't yet found an alternative. Mozy Pro is much worse in my own experience.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Mike,
    Can you provide your contact info, we will contact you to assist you with your pro issues. We would like to work with you on these support issues.
    Matt

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback.

I though that MozyPro's graphical interface was very simple and clean, however they don't offer a rebrandable/resellable option.

I'm still waiting on a response from iBackup however.

Hello mattler,

I signed up from the reseller option, then I got sent the referral option details.

Can I ask why you receommend the referral option over the reseller option. I am looking for a rebrandable option.

Anthony vbmenu_register("postmenu_5088943", true);

Quote Originally Posted by mattleber View Post
    Mike,
    Can you provide your contact info, we will contact you to assist you with your pro issues. We would like to work with you on these support issues.
    Matt
    I appreciate the offer, but it is too late. I shouldn't have to post on a public forum then have a company employee respond to get help. I've patiently worked through the support channels offered. The best support I could get was to be told to reinstall the client from scratch -- which I did -- and have it not resolve my issue.

The last time I called it sounded like it was in some massive call center, with lots of people talking in the background. When I first started using the product and called support a couple times, back when it was much more helpful, it sounded like a single person working in his own office. Whatever has changed, the "old" support was definitely better. Bring that back, and I'll stick around .
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Hi Mike V,

I am having the same issues that you describe in relation to iBackup.

I have been waiting 1 week for a reply to an email ....... for new business for them !!!!

I have grave doubts about this company at this stage.

Regards,
    Anthony

Sorry to hear xman888. I haven't yet found a decent alternative, although I've spent very little time looking.

Matt: If you get this, the latest Pro client has been a lot more reliable than the previous versions so far. I'm actually a little optimistic. But please work on the support and bring back the good ole' days. If that isn't a cost effective solution for your company, consider offering the "old" support at an increased cost, or at least for your Pro users.

Support issues?

Guys,

I would really like to know your email ids so that I can search through our ticketing to check on the responses. Usually our email responses are within 24 hours.

Great to hear on improved reliability of IBackup Professional.

Matt
    IBackup.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    Sorry to hear xman888. I haven't yet found a decent alternative, although I've spent very little time looking.

Matt: If you get this, the latest Pro client has been a lot more reliable than the previous versions so far. I'm actually a little optimistic. But please work on the support and bring back the good ole' days. If that isn't a cost effective solution for your company, consider offering the "old" support at an increased cost, or at least for your Pro users.

Hello Mattleber,

I cancelled my trial yesterday. I assume that you can pick up my email address from there.

If you cannot, if you can provide me with your own email address, I will email you.

Anthony

I-Backup Service

Had an awful experience. Their tech then gave me a bogus e-mail address. I ended up forwarding the e-mail to the HR Department and their Corporate e-mail address. Beware IBackup.com.

Just as I suspected, Hugo gave me a bogus e-mail address. Please read the text below. You have a real problem employee there. I'll be forwarding this to every real e-mail address I can find on your website including HR so that they can deal with him. As a former HR Manager myself, I know how important it is to get this kind of situation under control before it is too late.

Steve Comer
    CRC of Iowa, Inc.

To: [email protected]
    Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:36:58 -0700
    Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed. [email protected]

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Service Ticket #RP00070846
    Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 13:36:58 -0500

On 9/21/10 I accidently overwrote a file that I needed. Rather than taking the approximately 4 hours to recreate the file, since I have I-Backup, I attempted to retrieve the file from your server, only to find it did not exist there. I called in to inquire what the problem was and spoke with a Steve on extension 110. Although Steve couldn't help me, he was very professional and apologetic for the problem I had experienced. He immediately created the ticket above and advised me that he was going to give it to his supervisor, Hugo on extension 126 and have Hugo call me back.

Since I hadn't heard from Hugo by the middle of the day, I called in to speak with him at approximately 12:45 p.m. CST. I told him I had spoken with Steve the day before and that Steve confirmed that my files had not backed up since 1/21/09 despite the fact that my Default Backup Set shows the correct files and that the Sentence below that dialogue box says today for example "Next scheduled transfer time : 09-22-2010 23:45:00." Hugo put me on hold for about 3 minutes and when he got back he said something to the effect of "So, how can I help you." I assumed he was pulling the ticket and would already know the issue at hand.

Hugo told me it wasn't I-Backups responsibility to make sure the files were being backed up. It became readily apparent to me that customer service calls are not recorded for quality purposes as Hugo was very unprofessional in his handling of my issue. He, like Steve, said that the problem was likely due to me not updating my software. I advised Hugo that the scheduler was set up properly and gave him the same information as provided in the previous paragraph.

Apparently even though I-Backup runs on startup, I can't presume that it is actually backing up my data. I would also presume since it is running in the background that like most software, if an upgrade was needed, it would either happen automatically, or the software would at minimum advise me via a pop-up that I needed to take action. This does not occur. At no point was I told when signing up for the service that I had to routinely go in and manually update the software; which frankly, is counter-intuitive to the service sought. In addition, you have no internal audit mechanism to determine whether or not a backup from one of your clients whom you are charging, is actually occuring. Hugo stating that the problem is all mine lacks credibility.

After some more curt responses from Hugo, I asked to speak to his supervisor. He point blank told me more than once there was noone else to talk to. That alone should be of a major concern to your management team. He simply advised me to write an e-mail to this address, however, based upon his demeanor, I wouldn't be shocked if this e-mail goes directly to him or even if it is a phony e-mail address altogether.

Rather than ramble on any further, I would simply request that you refund the $208.95 you have charged me since January, 2009 for a service you have not provided me. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Steve Comer
    CRC of Iowa, Inc.