WHM Cpanel support

Hello,
    I am just starting with my new reseller account on Knownhost and it is my first time to deal with a reseller account and WHM Cpanel.

Can any one guide me to a good tutorial for it and how I deal with it.

Thanks alot!!
    Rafiq

http://www.cpanel.net/support/docs/11/whm/

Create a new package
    Create a new account with domain, username, password, skip everything go to package, enter email address and click create
    Change DNS name servers with domain registrar
    Wait for DNS propagation

Sit back and enjoy

check thats its WHM 11 that your host have too! WHM is a easy to use control panel so you should find your way around it. If its WHM 10, its a very similar setup to WHM11 so the same manual should be able to help you.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Hi,
    Thanks alot, I created an account for a new host and opened the host control panel, I could not setup Wordpress through Fantastico, how could I do so?

Also, do you know if there is a temporary URl that I can use to test the moved files to the new host before I change the domains to the new host?

And I would like to know the steps I have to take to move my files from the old host to the new one? do I have to create DNS? and how I change the DNS of the domain to the new one?

I am sorry for my alot of questions as it is the first time to work on this and I am a bit worry.

Thanks alot!!
    Rafiq

DemoDemo has some video tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by rafiqelmansy View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks alot, I created an account for a new host and opened the host control panel, I could not setup Wordpress through Fantastico, how could I do so?
    Have you updated the DNS for the new account's domain name? I don't think WordPress will work until that is done. Once you do that, you'll have to wait 24 hours or so for the new DNS to propagate.
    Also, do you know if there is a temporary URl that I can use to test the moved files to the new host before I change the domains to the new host?
    Yes... use the username of the account after the IP address you assigned it (or the shared IP if you didn't assign a dedicated IP)... like this:
    http://123.45.67.89/~username
    (note: be sure to put the correct IP address in, not the bogus one I entered above)
    And I would like to know the steps I have to take to move my files from the old host to the new one? do I have to create DNS? and how I change the DNS of the domain to the new one?
    Once you've created your new account, you can use an FTP program like FileZilla to connect to it (using the username and password you assigned the account). Be sure to enter the IP address as the host, since your domain name won't be working yet. Then navigate to the public_html folder, and put your website files/folders in there. You can then check the account using the <ip address>/~username method I showed you above to make sure the website is displaying properly. When everything is ready, then go to your registrar (where you registered your domain name), and change the DNS settings to point to your new account. Then wait the 24 hour propagation period.[/QUOTE]
    I am sorry for my alot of questions as it is the first time to work on this and I am a bit worry.

Thanks alot!!
    Rafiq
    Good luck

Rob.
    Rob Moore
    DemoWolf.com - Video Support Tutorials for Web Hosting Providers - since 2005.
    Video Tutorials for cPanel, Plesk, WordPress, Email, DNS, FTP and more!
    Custom Video Factory | Video Tutorial Translations | Branded Video Tutorials

Thanks alot,
    Is not there a way to test my wordpress sites before I transfer the domain name to the new host?

Also, what is the steps I have to take to transfer my domain name to make it point to the new host, the new host is using WHM Cpanel?

And for the FTP, I followed your steps and found that I can only access the main FTP not the FTp of the account and when I click the FTP account button on the control panel of the account I created I got the following message:

Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/x3/ftp/accounts.html) you requested.
    Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this

error to your webhost.

cpaneld/11.22.0 Server at 67.222.6.107

Thanks alot for your help

Rafiq

Rafiq - Who is your new web host?

The new host is Knownhost with WHM Cpanel and the account is a reseller account

Thanks alot!!
    Rafiq

Thanks alot,
    Is not there a way to test my wordpress sites before I transfer the domain name to the new host?
    Can't you test it on your existing hosting space before moving it?
    Also, what is the steps I have to take to transfer my domain name to make it point to the new host, the new host is using WHM Cpanel?
    Create the account on your new server using WHM > ACCOUNT FUNCTIONS > CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. When you have done that change the nameservers at the Registrar where your domains are registered, so at the moment they will be ns1 and ns2 oldnameserver.com and you need to change them to ns1 and ns2 newnameserver.com

I have seen DemoWolf have some discounts check this URL http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=690105
    Support Facility | Your 24/7 outsourcing partner!
    Technical support | Server management
    Fantabulous hosting technical support