Arrow namecheap.com's support is disgraceful.

A few days ago I signed up and registered names at namecheap.com and all went well. I was pleased with how quickly it got registered.

However last Friday night I sent an e-mail to the support team with a simple question and never got a reply. The following Tuesday I sent them a reply and guess what? I still haven't heard a single thing.

Is this how they treat a paying customer?

The funny thing is whenever I asked pre-sales questions to the sales team an e-mail the reply always came quickly. I hope they don't think they can just take the money off us and say "Thanks for the $$$$ - goodbye!"

The support service is horrendous and has left me furious.

I've written to them several times in the last two months and they've replied me in about 3 hours even on Sundays. I don't think they'll take the money and run...

Yeah I agree NameCheap is great! I send support requests everyday getting nameservers registered. I have over 50 domains with them, and I assure you they are not going to take your money.

Just curious what sort of pre-sales questions did you have for a domain?

Yeah I've emailed support quite a few times and got prompt replies too...maybe there's a reason.

Well I hope they wake up soon - I can't believe I have nearly gone a week without a reply so far.

DJiMPaCT: My pre-sales questions were if I could:

1. Create sub-domains? If so, how many per domain?
    2. Can I add MX records?
    3. If I decided to move to another registrar how much would you charge me to move my domains away?
    4. Are you a reseller for enom.com? If so can I use their service (controls of the domain names) if I buy domains from your company?

All above questions were answered within hours so I bought a domain from them.

Days later I had e-mailed one simple question to the support team. I asked "is there a way of creating real sub-domains instead of having it use as a URL re-direction or URL frame?"

Much to my frustration, that simple query never got answered even though I sent it twice.

I have always received answers to my support emails within a few hours.

They have been very helpful.

Mac

I never had a problem with them. All my domains (15) have been paid by PayPal, and they were always very responsive.

Btw, is namecheap.com down only for me (from Singapore), or nobody can access it? It's been like that last 5-6 hours...

Its working for me.

I am also very pleased with namecheap, I found their support always reasonably fast and pretty helpful.

It's just a pain that their site is down again... it hasn't been working for me the whole day long

namecheap.com is back online

from reading this thread, i am summarizing that namecheap.com is a thumbs-up company. i am currently shopping for domain names and do you guys think that i should go ahead with namecheap? any problem with payment and such? -- I am buying from Malaysia.

cheers.

Originally posted by genedavinci
    from reading this thread, i am summarizing that namecheap.com is a thumbs-up company. i am currently shopping for domain names and do you guys think that i should go ahead with namecheap? any problem with payment and such? -- I am buying from Malaysia.

cheers.
    I haven't had any problems when it comes to payments. i was even paying by PayPal, but for that you better contact Richard from namecheap directly, on [email protected], because there is no PayPal link on the website.

ok. i will drop him a note on that. thanks for the info.

also, is namecheap's offering genuine? they are offering this email forwarding, url forwarding, dsn, domain lockdown and such. any catches? just wanna hear from users who uses their services. how is their control panel? good? great?

thanks.
    I am still learning

www.clicknsee.com

Originally posted by genedavinci
    also, is namecheap's offering genuine? they are offering this email forwarding, url forwarding, dsn, domain lockdown and such. any catches? just wanna hear from users who uses their services. how is their control panel? good? great?
    Yes , all that is included. And control panel is just right

thanks + cheers!!
    I am still learning

www.clicknsee.com

We sent out an email to all of our customers last week regarding the technical issues we were experiencing. This included bounced back emails for some of our customers. If you have not heard back from us then it is quite possible that this issue affected you. We have stabilized the problem we were experiencing. If you did not get a response please email me directly at [email protected] and I will make sure that your questions are answered quickly. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused our customers.

Richard Kirkendall

every time i email name cheap i get a reply the same day
    *signature here*

Been using them for 2 years now. Replies normally within 2 hours, latest 10 hours. No complaints