eNom & opt out whois for .co.uk

Hi there,

I am currently with 123-reg for most .co.uk and of course have the whois opt out (which is free) as it's a nominet thing.

But is this available via eNom. I know they do private whois, but it's paid for. .co.uk should be free?

thanks
    Cheers
    G.

Nominet hides some details on personal domains but not commercial domains. Enom changes the details and ownership to their contact info.

If enom don't support the opt out or any other valid nominet function, you can now update your contact data direct with Nominet if you have the domain password etc. You don't need to do this via enom.

I have two .uk Domain Names with enom, where opt-out was required
    I contacted them and they alleged that they were not even aware of it
    So to get round it for all the contact address details I put my my Domain Name
    Once setup I then contacted Nominet, explained the situation, and asked them to update and correct the details
    They were happy to do this, completed it the next day, and copid me in on an email they sent to enom

That was way back in January, so clearly enom have still not added an option to opt-out which Nominet instructed them to do
    M8 INTERNET : Simple and cost effective website hosting from the UK
    M8 INTERNET : Google Ads Account Management

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    so clearly enom have still not added an option to opt-out which Nominet instructed them to do
    Nominet will have *advised* enom how to usethe automaton to set the field, they will not have *instructed* them they have to do it.

Nominet Members/Registrars are not under an obligation to allow you to opt-out.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

The email from Nominet, which I was copied in on, is quite clear and states that enom must offer it as an option
    M8 INTERNET : Simple and cost effective website hosting from the UK
    M8 INTERNET : Google Ads Account Management

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech View Post
    Nominet will have *advised* enom how to usethe automaton to set the field, they will not have *instructed* them they have to do it.

Nominet Members/Registrars are not under an obligation to allow you to opt-out.
    It is my understanding that under UK Data Protection legislation private registrants have a right to have their information withheld from the Whois.