Thread: After starting

After starting

I was wondering, after you get a reseller account I figured you'd need a website first, so I was thinking of getting someone to make me a website. Thing is, after I make my website, I need to advertise elsewhere right? Where are some good places to advertise? Don't know if that's really a good question to ask being that everyone has their own strategies in getting customers(at least i think so)

WHT is a good place to advertise your hosting services (as long as you do it in the correct forum).

Where are some good places to advertise?
    Think of places where your ideal customer spends time. Put your ad/info in front of him. Do a bit of reconnaissance first. As a new small provider, you should probably stay away from places with huge competitiveness. Find a pond where you can be king, instead of being a small fish in a big ocean.

A common advice is to go local. Unless you live in a very small town, there should be enough people and businesses with hosting needs that you could meet much better than a "big brand" out there. Not to mention that usually you should be able to charge more too.