cPanel on Media Temple

I am currently hosting with Media Temple, but I completely hate plesk, and want cPanel on the server. I have even considered going to Mosso, but too expensive for what I need.

Here is my question, I have a (dv) server with MT, and am wondering, can I put cPanel on there instead of Plesk. I tried to search their knowledge base with no luck. I am currently on hold waiting for tech support, but I still have about 17 minutes so I figured I may get a quicker response here.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

If you have root access to the server than yes, you can install cpanel instead of plesk but you would have to pay for the license seperately from what you already pay Media Temple.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

If they don't offer cPanel, you can always purchase a cPanel license from a 3rd party vendor and install it yourself. That being said, you might void any support contracts that you have with MT if you use software that they don't support.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

My suggestion would be to contact Media Temple and ask them directly - they may offer cPanel but you have to ask for it, and then again they may not offer it at all meaning you would have to install it on your own.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Make sure you dont get a dedicated server license, you need an 'internal' vps license, which is around 16 bux a month.

Got all sorted guys, thanks to everyone who responded. As always, MT was very helpful in the situation as were the great folks here at WHT!

Quote Originally Posted by DevGuys View Post
    Got all sorted guys, thanks to everyone who responded. As always, MT was very helpful in the situation as were the great folks here at WHT!
    I presume it's allowed then?

Yes, it's allowed. I am super excited about being back on a cPanel platform. Plesk is good, and many swear by it, but its not a control panel for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DevGuys View Post
    Yes, it's allowed. I am super excited about being back on a cPanel platform. Plesk is good, and many swear by it, but its not a control panel for me.
    That's good to hear! Thanks for the update.