Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

hostmania / eservers.biz

Heres my interpretation on whats happened with these companies.

1. Both relatively small companies (employees -- few).
    2. Both taking a regular but small number of orders a week.
    3. eservers.biz teamup with hostmania for datacentre.
    4. For some reason both (or just hostmania) receive an excess number of orders in short time.
    5. CC provider gets worried at sudden increase of amount going through, and halts payments - trading limit exceeded? (until satisfied no fraud).
    6. Hostmania suffer loss of domain name.
    7. Hostmania get bad components delaying server builds.
    8. Provision system goes down due to loss of domain name (not sure how thats linked but....)

Not defending this, but this happens to every company when orders exceed predictions. I live in the UK and have seen it happen to companies as large as BT (UK equivalent of AT&T).

Trouble is at this point do you admit that you are a small company overwhelmed, or try and handle the "gold rush".
    Unfortunately unless you can clear up the rush this is what happens.

We all react differently. I have a problem with hostmania not updating us in a timely manner -- but I can understand (or try to) why they may have not.

We all are human, and make mistakes. Time will tell if they are okay or out on a limb. Also I note hostmania has suspended taking new orders (bout time) to clear up current orders.

If you can't wait (and I almost gave up too) both companies seem prepared to refund if asked.

ehhhhh
    ive only see eservers ready to refund

mmm, I may be wrong, but in communications with Chavvon I got the idea that if I wanted to I would get a refund because of the delays. ** but I didn't try so I don't categorically know **

I don't think eservers/hostmania are a "BUST" or a "ripoff" since they are quite ready to offer refunds. This same waiting game happened with hostmania's first promotion, yet nobody complained after getting their servers. I'd have to agree it's most likely case 1, "Both relatively small companies (employees -- few)", that's probably causing the delays.

The fact that they have bad equiptment (or they claim to) is probably a major factor as well.

I waited my server ovew 3weeks when I ordered in June. Since then, everything looks fine. Network uptime is good and fast. No hardware problem so far. What I worry the most, is relatively few employees. I hope they have truely 24/7 support.

I just talked to Chavvon (HostMania) - He said that they have servers, but they just need to catch up with all of the orders.

- Matt

I also spoke to Chavvon - everything looks like it is on track.

I have no ETA at present for my own server, but I am in no rush.

I know it will be worth it in the end

i asked eservers for a realistic date yesterday, and they said there´s a good chance that i get my server today, but to go save in the next 5 days.

HMMWV

Originally posted by hmmwv
    there´s a good chance that i get my server today,
    That's what a lot of people have been told. Seems to me like WHT will be dead tonight, will everyone setting up their new servers (yeah, right!).

No cause all I see is another missed promise like the rest of the dates they promised us all.
    phantasyworkshosting.com

well 2 nights ago, varun shoor or whatever got his server, around like 10pm or something (EST). at night

so since they told me it will be today, hoping it will be tonight or something

to give you guys some hope I also got my server earlier this week, so they are rolling them out.

Thanks onestar, but we don't want hope. We want servers
    - prime [admin@exclaimhosting.com]
    ExclaimHosting - Your voice on the web.
    Fast, reliable hosting, at prices you can afford.
    http://www.exclaimhosting.com

If I get my server today , tonight ...I might soil my pants
    phantasyworkshosting.com

lol everyone keep us updated especially if you get them let us know about speed/etc..

If you guys are keeping up to speed on eservers.biz, you'll see from the other thread that their cc acount has been moved from frozen to closed ((http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=68951) )
    - no word if Hostmania have that problem

But that thread also shows why sometimes smaller/large companies stay quiet. I mean eservers has been updating their customers and the board about the status pretty openly. And they get attacked. Hostmania have been keeping pretty quiet and uhmmm they get attacked. what are you supposed to do ???

Seems like unless you can run a flawless business, have infinite resources you're going to get flamed.

That settles it I guess

Well, so much for the servers.

-----
    RE : Server setup!

Ipayment called late last night and cancelled our processing account. They also put a freeze on outstanding balance in excess of $40K that they owe us. This means the funds that would have been used to buy additional 80-100 servers is no longer available to us. It is my job to make sure our existing revenues are not affected by the actions of Ipayment and that we recover from this with the focus being on long term sustainability.

It was completely unexpected and therefore we had no other means of financing in place however we are trying to come up with a speedy resolution to this issue to deliver the service customers have ordered. We didn't need it until last night. Ipayment had promised that we would be paid two weeks ago and then they deliver this message.

I will hopefully have financing in place in the next 48-72+ hours, but we need to inform our customers of what's going on.

You have a couple of actions.
    1.) Issue a charge back on their credit card because Ipayment will not allow us to issue credits (all clients awaiting servers) then

2.) Continue to wait for a dedicated server, or
    3.) Get setup on a Virtual Private Server (VPS) as a temporary staging area until the dedicated server issue is resolved. The VPS solution will meet the needs of 90% of customers.

Yes we did set deadlines as we know we would be able to make them as we had promises of funds from the merchant. We make payment via wire transfer and the servers were ordered and due to be setup today but another broken promise from Ipayment lead to the wire-transfer failure. We were expecting them but circumstances out of our control prevented this not for the first time.

I apologize for any damage this may have caused to your business and I promise our relationship will be more than fruitful in the long run. We have the right recipe; we just got some bad ingredients this month.

Not often you will hear this, but our clients satisfaction is number one priority and we encourage all clients who have not received there servers to do a chargeback as this is the only way either party will receive there funds.

Have a nice evening and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions.

Best Regards,
    Imran
    ----------------------------------------
    eServers dot Biz - driving the 'e' into your business.
    http://www.eservers.biz
    -----

So we get a nice general apology for our patience, and thank you very much for lending us your cash for 3 weeks...

I'm much too pissed to write anything now. I should just go to bed...

IMHO I'd be pissed to if I was promised a server and they didn't deliver regardless of the problem. I know they got screwed by ipayment but to keep people happy they shouldn't be selling servers that they don't currently have in stock. Or these problems happen.

In the words of Dennis Miller "...thats just my opinion."
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

the servers were ordered and due to be setup today but another
    1- According to update post they do not have the servers and they were going to obtain and setup them but ipaymants stopped them so I think if we decide to wait it will bee for a long time perhaps for at least a month. Isn't it? (I am in doubt if they risk to use resources like loans etc. to obtain the servers).

By the way merchant account used to process cards belongs to Hostmani as charge has appeared with their name

2- IPayments have not replied to my email yet. Has anyone called them by phone to see what they are goinig to do?

3- Will eservers be able to start the project again with another DC by offering new servers? (In fact I do not have enough trust with Hostmania).

Mac

3- Will eservers be able to start the project again with another DC by offering new servers? (In fact I do not have enough trust with Hostmania).
    Funny you ask that, I just read eServers.biz is also uses dv2 in other threads? I don't think they're exclusively with Hostmania.

Onestar,

In fact this is a long time since they started offering DV2 servers.

I think most of their reputation comes from their great service with DV2 servers.

I wish they can restart the poject by offering servers from another company. I am not able to trust hostmania anymore.

If they can offer new servers with price range near to those offered to us I will purchase one and wait for the money we actually paid to hostmania to be refunded or transfered to eservers.

I think we need value added service of eservers. They are great resources for semi managed servers market yet. I will be more comfort with eservers than obtaining servers directly.

Mac

I waited though the first problems, okay, I can see how things can go wrong.

But this, this really pisses me off. I had read before I bought my server in here that eservers takes a week or two to set up. I expected that... I have been understanding up to today. But THIS crap? Nearly 3 weeks?

There is no excuse.

How many more weeks will I have to wait?

ARGHH, just angry...

From my observation. Hostmania probably doesnt have enough capital to handle 130 servers. I mean if they have enough cash around, they should deliver the server by now.

why were they selling something they didn't have!?!?!? its like me running out and making a "special" on WHT in the advertising forums... getting the orders, collecting the money... and then telling the clients to wait 'till i got my investment...

i mean... i could even understand taking client info/etc/etc/etc... but actually charging a card and getting cash... for something they didn't even have... ???? also... each servers gotta cost more than what they charged the cards, so how would the $40-50k be enough?
    Last edited by netdude; 08-23-2002 at 08:33 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast