Thread: Free isp's

Free isp's

Free isp's, there not really free are they? and if there not why would anyone want to join up for one of these free isp's when it just takes a phone call to blueyonder or whatever and you don't have to pay for your local 1P a minute unless you have an unlimited phone thing like i have.
    I'm confused .
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.

LOL well there were some free ones back few years ago not sure about now as i hav'nt heard anything lately and they did work too just had a banner i remember using one for when my isp would go down.

I pay 15 per month and get disconnected every 2 hours a pest in online games

When i had dial up i got disconnected like many times a day but not everyday i got chucked off so like lets say monday, wednesday, saturday, friday i would get disconnected many times a day when i was in teh middle of doing something but now i have upgraded to whooooooosh there's no troubles.

Originally posted by ned patter
    When i had dial up i got disconnected like many times a day but not everyday i got chucked off so like lets say monday, wednesday, saturday, friday i would get disconnected many times a day when i was in teh middle of doing something but now i have upgraded to whooooooosh there's no troubles.
    No troubles YET

DIAL UP IS THE DEVIL

Have you guys happened to upgrade yet?.

Yes i have dial up and BT. Bt = Very evil

Guys you's need to post your speed but you have to provide proof like a screen shot of your results..
    I'll rip everyone even though i only pay 35 a month.

I remeber back a couple years ago during NBA finals they had the Netzero at the Half. It was funny because there was this commercial where some doofus was testifying in congress and said something like "the net was meant to be free".

Guess what? Shortly after that Netzero started charging for their services. Looks like false advertising if you ask me. Just makes me laugh how pathetic those idiots are... having things backfire in their faces like that.

Free isp's have horrible speed problem. FREE ISPs HAVE FREE PROBLEMS WITH THEM.

I wish i had cable...

I love my cable. 1.5mbit down/1mbit up for $45/month. Add another $10/month and you can make them add up to 5 MAC addresses. My isp is a quiet small local one, not one of the big names.

Forget this post for god sake.

I get up to 2.4 Mb down at the best of times but usualy get 1.1Mb and get not much less speed up.
    For 35 a month.

Originally posted by ned patter
    Forget this post for god sake.
    Why...?

I once had a free ISP just to try, it was pretty good infact, it was free because they had ads all over the screen - good thing I got a cracked version!

Now I get disconnected every 6 hours - pretty good for 56k modem and ISPs.
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

Originally posted by CritticAge
    I once had a free ISP just to try, it was pretty good infact, it was free because they had ads all over the screen - good thing I got a cracked version!

Now I get disconnected every 6 hours - pretty good for 56k modem and ISPs.
    I was with a free ISP here in Australia once that used ads. They didn't tell you the phone number; all you had was their dialup software where you choose the POP and enter a code to access an outside line if required.

I happen to have a PABX, so I had to enter an access code for an outside line.

After a while I get an idea... "Will this work if I dial directly in?" So... I go to the PABX and pull up the call details. Get their number and voila! Free internet access with no advertisements

I was with them for about 6 months; average connect time was 3 weeks.

Now I pay AU$35 a month... unlimited hours/downloads with 8 hour disconnects (well; I get disconnected at 7hrs 55mins so close enough).

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    http://shaun.net

ADSL, 192 kbps up, 128 kbps down ..
    90$ / mo. paid annualy

Now it is 62$.

But I'm getting another plan from a different ISP:
    128 kbps up, 64 kbps down with a static IP ..
    57$ / mo. paid annualy
    Ahmad Alhashemi
    PHP, Apache, C, Python, Perl, SQL
    18 related BrainBench certificates

Anyone remember freedsl.com? I still remember signing up. Before they launched though the dot bomb hit and kapoof. That was that.