DDoS protection?

Hello,
    I need a dedicated server with DDoS protection from attacks like SYN floods and UDP floods that are aimed at port 80. I've heard awknet, staminus, and gigeservers are good for these. Who will handle these the best?
    Thanks.

You could always ask your datacenter for a hardware firewall, but I think it would be best to hire a outsourcing company to manage your server, or a server admin if you don't know how to secure them.

Quote Originally Posted by blowouthosts View Post
    You could always ask your datacenter for a hardware firewall, but I think it would be best to hire a outsourcing company to manage your server, or a server admin if you don't know how to secure them.
    I don't believe that is the response the OP was looking for, I believe they wanted to know what network will stop DDoS attacks the best at network level, and in my experience, Awknet and Staminus does pretty good with these attacks, not too sure about GigeServers.

-Joseph

http://www.staminus.net good secureport

Quote Originally Posted by ddosattacks View Post
    Hello,
    I need a dedicated server with DDoS protection from attacks like SYN floods and UDP floods that are aimed at port 80. I've heard awknet, staminus, and gigeservers are good for these. Who will handle these the best?
    Thanks.
    They're all excellent products. I'd suggest you contact the respected parties for quotes to compare, and decide yourself. Sometimes speaking with the individuals who would be servicing you helps considerably, as does speaking with them about a solution that covers your needs. You may also want to contact GigeNET.com, as they offer a proxyshield advanced product that I'm not sure if you'll find on their GigeServers product page.