Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    * High Traffic Question.

    My sites has about 80 Users trying to view the site at the same time. There is a script which refreshes every minute. My current host cant handle all of those connections for some odd reason... I was wondering where is a good place to buy hosting for high traffic
    websites. I am currently using 17767.54 Megabytes of Bandwidch so far this month. I would prefer Cpanel as a Control Panel. Anyone have any ideas on where to go?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    240
    Honestly, its really not that odd for the host to have issues. Considering your on a shared environment, its prob why your having issues. Its not so much as the 80 connections that prob causes the issue but rather the script where it refreshes every minute. The script might not kill the old process correctly and it will just bog the server down some more.

    Honestly if that was the case, your next solution would have to be a VPS or dedicated solution.

    There are some hosts that will still host your account however.

    What is your budget looking like?
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,156
    I don't understand why does any web host can't handle reloads of your home page each 60 seconds. This is not acceptable.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In canada
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by dawhb View Post
    I don't understand why does any web host can't handle reloads of your home page each 60 seconds. This is not acceptable.
    Lolz, try running a cpu intensive script with 100 users on it all the time and refresh it ever minute u will probably understand.

    Like suggested it might be best to go with vps at this stage.

    Cheers

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by dawhb View Post
    I don't understand why does any web host can't handle reloads of your home page each 60 seconds. This is not acceptable.
    Maybe I made a bad assumption. When the OP stated that he has 80 visitors on his site at a time, I imagined he meant there were 80 MySQL connections to a forum/blog of some sort. If those 80 people aren't using any database, then Yes, I would have to agree with you that its nonsense they cannot host the site without issues. However, if it is indeed using a Database and have 80 open connections with a refresh every minute, I can understand why it would kill the server resources.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ephasenetworks View Post
    Honestly, its really not that odd for the host to have issues. Considering your on a shared environment, its prob why your having issues. Its not so much as the 80 connections that prob causes the issue but rather the script where it refreshes every minute. The script might not kill the old process correctly and it will just bog the server down some more.

    Honestly if that was the case, your next solution would have to be a VPS or dedicated solution.

    There are some hosts that will still host your account however.

    What is your budget looking like?
    About maybe 15-20 Dollars for my Budget. I think thinking about a VPS but isnt the conection speed slow on VPS?

    Quote Originally Posted by ephasenetworks View Post
    Maybe I made a bad assumption. When the OP stated that he has 80 visitors on his site at a time, I imagined he meant there were 80 MySQL connections to a forum/blog of some sort. If those 80 people aren't using any database, then Yes, I would have to agree with you that its nonsense they cannot host the site without issues. However, if it is indeed using a Database and have 80 open connections with a refresh every minute, I can understand why it would kill the server resources.
    Ya I had a script that refresh every minute. It was displaying Stats for a radio and just refreshes to show the song changing but I changed that now to just refresh if someone wants to refresh it. Also They have some firewall that protects against Ddos Attacks and it blocks ips after a certain amount of connections. Just really looking for another host so I do not have that problem.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,102
    There are definitely many hosts that could help you out. I would recommend posting in the requests section here at WHT - I am sure you will get many responses. You can also go with perennial favorites, such as HostGator (I had a really good experience when I used them).
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxx View Post
    About maybe 15-20 Dollars for my Budget. I think thinking about a VPS but isnt the conection speed slow on VPS?


    Ya I had a script that refresh every minute. It was displaying Stats for a radio and just refreshes to show the song changing but I changed that now to just refresh if someone wants to refresh it. Also They have some firewall that protects against Ddos Attacks and it blocks ips after a certain amount of connections. Just really looking for another host so I do not have that problem.
    There are plenty of hosts here that can do this for you. I'm sure there are others that can even help you with the move as its almost effortless.

    If you need any help with moving your files over, please let me know and I can guide you in the right direction.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •