Links color won't change? CSS problem? School Site

Hello WHT,

I take part in helping my webmaster at school, and my teacher doesn't know the solution for this.

http://eghs.d214.org/athletics/baseball/bbb.html

The black parts are links, but as you can see when I hover it changes to the right color. How can I make it so the color isn't black, but the same color as the hover. I tried changing the a:link but then my quick links on top change from black to whatever color. I need the quicklinks to stay black, while the schedule and photos stay the light yellow wheat color.

Thanks!
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

To be brutally honest you should start over... You have such a hodge podge of style attributes it is a wonder anything works. Remove all the inline style attributes and get them into the css; you're just asking for trouble trying to use both embedded and inline styles.

From what I can make out of your code you are trying to assign a span class called linkscolor to those links? Yet you don't have a class named linkscolor in your css.

The quick and dirty solution should be then to actually create a class named linkscolor and see what happens.... and don't use a span for it; but put it on the link itself. < a class="linkscolor" href="blah">
    That may or may not work depending on the specificity of all your styles; and I didn't test it because I didn't want to take the time to clean up the code.

haha yea well this was my teachers template so didn't feel like deleting anything. Thanks for your advice. It worked! I've also deleted all the junk.

Thanks again.
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

No Problem. Glad it worked out for you.