Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My Refund Problems

I had purchased a server, then saw these threads and decided that I didn't want to do business with a company that was having this many problems. Usually this kind of thing indicates a pattern of a really poorly run business and many many nightmares to come. So I cancelled my order and requested a refund from Chavvon, but guess what.

My jaw dropped when he said he couldn't give me a refund. That I had to do a chargeback from my credit card company. I filled out and signed the chargeback letter down at my bank this morning.

All I can say is that bank said what he did is basically fraud and they are investigating the affair and getting me my money back. Imagine that you order something and can't get the product and can't get a refund! That is very close to being a scam. I'm not saying it is a scam, but you have to admit there are a lot of strange things going wrong all at once.

I am so glad I signed that letter and am moving on to a reputable company.

No offence meant. This is just my actual experience with the company. Your milage may vary.

Originally posted by clocker1996

its 8 48 pm now
    welp it's 9:30pm here

I fired off yet another email about when I will get my server that was promised today and I can't say I am happy with the reply

Douglas

The datacenter has not delivered yet, I am hoping its soon.
    So now it's not even a day or a date any more , it's just a big prayer of there hoping soon.

Sorry for my rant but this is just frustrating as hell.
    phantasyworkshosting.com

one broken promise date, shame on the host
    two broken promise dates, shame on the host
    six broken promises date, and you are not leaving, shame on you

If 50 of you will cancel the server, probably some other people will get the server sooner. Who will cancel first?

Wish you guys all the best!
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Re: My Refund Problems

Originally posted by irvinehostin
    I had purchased a server, then saw these threads and decided that I didn't want to do business with a company that was having this many problems. Usually this kind of thing indicates a pattern of a really poorly run business and many many nightmares to come. So I cancelled my order and requested a refund from Chavvon, but guess what.

My jaw dropped when he said he couldn't give me a refund. That I had to do a chargeback from my credit card company. I filled out and signed the chargeback letter down at my bank this morning.

All I can say is that bank said what he did is basically fraud and they are investigating the affair and getting me my money back. Imagine that you order something and can't get the product and can't get a refund! That is very close to being a scam. I'm not saying it is a scam, but you have to admit there are a lot of strange things going wrong all at once.

I am so glad I signed that letter and am moving on to a reputable company.

No offence meant. This is just my actual experience with the company. Your milage may vary.
    If the merchant will not privide them with access to their funds, I don't think they will have access to issue a refund.

I still think there are some serious problems here. I may get cussed again, but they obviously have cash problems and if they haven't got their merchant account straight yet, something's really wrong. And to top it all off they told irvinehostin to do a chargeback! Really bad!

And it is against Visa and MasterCard's policy to charge for an item before it is received. They made it clear to me about 3 years ago that the item must be in the customer's hands or you must be able to prove it has been shipped before the cc can be charged. Or in our case, service provided. We do authorizations, but do not take funds until the service is provided. The authorization counts against the cc balance, but after 5 banking days it is dropped if we don't process it. We keep extremely good records and have only had 2 chargebacks in 3 years and beat both of them due soley to paperwork.

Bad News For those who haven't got there servers yet

Welp I just go this email and it makes me feel , well I can't say it what I feel in public

Ipayment called late last night and cancelled our processing account. They also put a freeze on outstanding balance in excess of $40K that they owe us. This means the funds that would have been used to buy additional 80-100 servers is no longer available to us. It is my job to make sure our existing revenues are not affected by the actions of Ipayment and that we recover from this with the focus being on long term sustainability.

It was completely unexpected and therefore we had no other means of financing in place however we are trying to come up with a speedy resolution to this issue to deliver the service customers have ordered. We didn't need it until last night. Ipayment had promised that we would be paid two weeks ago and then they deliver this message.

I will hopefully have financing in place in the next 48-72+ hours, but we need to inform our customers of what's going on.

You have a couple of actions.
    1.) Issue a charge back on their credit card because Ipayment will not allow us to issue credits (all clients awaiting servers) then

2.) Continue to wait for a dedicated server, or
    3.) Get setup on a Virtual Private Server (VPS) as a temporary staging area until the dedicated server issue is resolved. The VPS solution will meet the needs of 90% of customers.

Yes we did set deadlines as we know we would be able to make them as we had promises of funds from the merchant. We make payment via wire transfer and the servers were ordered and due to be setup today but another broken promise from Ipayment lead to the wire-transfer failure. We were expecting them but circumstances out of our control prevented this not for the first time.

I apologize for any damage this may have caused to your business and I promise our relationship will be more than fruitful in the long run. We have the right recipe; we just got some bad ingredients this month.

Not often you will hear this, but our clients satisfaction is number one priority and we encourage all clients who have not received there servers to do a chargeback as this is the only way either party will receive there funds.

Have a nice evening and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions.

Best Regards,
    Imran
    ----------------------------------------
    eServers dot Biz - driving the 'e' into your business.
    http://www.eservers.biz
    phantasyworkshosting.com

what do I need for a chargeback ?

and do I need to pay for the processing fee ?

this is ridiculous

Hmm. Doing a chargeback will only make the collections agency come after ya for all the money that was charged back. Not a good move plus the $25 or whatever chargeback fee. Hmm. Not to good idea. Unless you will just ignore it.

Tim, what are you talking about?

(I have absolutely no idea who the "you" you are referring to; you may want to rephrase your sentences).

Peter

ya great

so now it turns to be my own problem
    if I dont do a chargeback , then I wont get the server.

if I do a chargeback, ipayment may find a collection agency to me ...
    hahaha

Where are the guys that were defending eservers and hostmania saying that you didn't need to do a chargeback. well I wanna see what those morons are saying now. I hope they feel absolutely stupid for saying everything they said. Everyone call up your CC company and issue a chargeback a.s.a.p

If i didn't receive a service i paid for and was forced to issue a chargeback, and a collections agency was sent after me, i do believe there would be some legal precidence for me to inform them not to contact me again or it would be considered harassment, and deny the claim that any moneys were owe'ing. Without firm proof that you owe someone money, i do believe a collections agency cannot bother you. I may be wrong though, never been attacked by one before.
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

IPayment can't keep the money. It has to be given over to eservers/hostmania or back to the cc holder. You should call the 800 number on your cc immediatedly.

No, that is not true. (which is why I said Tim may want to rephrase his sentences).

If you haven't gotten the server yet, you have the right to raise the dispute and get the money back. No one can go after you because no service has been delivered. This is the technicality of it.

However, I do not recommend chargeback as your first step; it should only be your last resort. You have a full 60 days to the get money (maybe more), you can defintely get your money back in that time period. However, if you chargeback, the marchant is going to suffer.

Peter

Let them suffer.

Originally posted by dk2
    Where are the guys that were defending eservers and hostmania saying that you didn't need to do a chargeback. well I wanna see what those morons are saying now. I hope they feel absolutely stupid for saying everything they said. Everyone call up your CC company and issue a chargeback a.s.a.p
    Are you a moron? What kind of a statement is that? You think this is funny? Do you even have a server ordered?

Peter

Originally posted by dk2
    Let them suffer.
    If you have a server, and you have no time, you can chargeback. I don't see why you could be going around telling people to do what they want. (Let's all chargeback, yeah right )

Peter

Originally posted by ckpeter

Are you a moron? What kind of a statement is that? You think this is funny? Do you even have a server ordered?

Peter
    It's a fair statement. No I don't have a server ordered because I don't order things that are to good to be true. I actually do see some humor in this for the fact people were defending eservers and this just happened. I'm glad eservers finally spilled the beans and is telling their customers to do the right thing. I think it shows alot of courtesy on their part and I hope they pull out of this.

Originally posted by dontknownutn
    IPayment can't keep the money. It has to be given over to eservers/hostmania or back to the cc holder. You should call the 800 number on your cc immediatedly.

ya. thats my question too ?

ipayment should automatically give us back the money , shouldnt they ?

or they just ban eservers's account and treat those money as their extra earning ?

my chargeback experience

to sonic:

It was fairly painless to complete the chargeback process.

I went into the bank. The teller handed me a blank piece of paper and asked me to write down my account information and explain in detail the situation and why I was requesting a chargeback. The whole letter was about a page in length. The reason that I had to do it there at the bank was because she said I needed to sign the letter. She said there was little to worry about - that I should get all my money back and there would be no fees charged to me. She said it might take up to a week though.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Shanon
    Last edited by irvinehostin; 08-23-2002 at 12:23 AM.

In my case one time, they issued the chargeback and mailed the paperwork to me, which had to be filled out and mailed back.

Last edited by clocker1996; 08-23-2002 at 12:33 AM.

No fees are ever charged to the customer. But, there are fees charged to the business. Something like $15 for each chargeback.

Originally posted by dontknownutn
    No fees are ever charged to the customer. But, there are fees charged to the business. Something like $15 for each chargeback.
    That's what I don't understand isn't it going to cost them , (hostmania/eservers) more to have everyone do a chargeback ?

Does it also mean Ipayment isn't willing to release any of the 40,000 ever ? That's kinda fraudulent isn't it ?
    phantasyworkshosting.com

Yeh...I think the collections folks will be looking for em' real soon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast