weird spamd issue

hey guys,

i have this really annoying issue i'm hoping you can help with.

it seems the spamd child process gets stuck and causes 100% cpu usage. but this doens't just happen randomly, its only for this single user account. e.g. take a look at top output:

4581 <username> 93 40:58.87 1.3 82624 52m 2280 R spamd child

the 93 is 93% cpu usage. 40:58 is how long the process has been running, 40 minutes and counting (i just killed it though). and all it tells me its running spamd child. it usually dies after a few hours but only after causing 200% cpu usage (100% on both cpus) and making my server load skyrocket. This happens at least twice daily at no set times.

this user isn't a spammer. no scripts, no mail queue generation, no email accounts even.

any ideas?

running cpanel 11, centos 4.

Could be the incoming mails
    Sam
    Supportlobby.com - Expertise in Windows/Linux server support, IaaS and PaaS Management
    Spiralbean.com - Custom Software Development
    Email: exec @ activelobby.net | Skype: unni_active

thought of that. there are no email accounts, all unrouted goes to :blackhole:, and i've even changed the domain's MX entries to 10.10.10.10 just so nobody can even connect to me for this domain's mail!

Quote Originally Posted by chamelion View Post
    thought of that. there are no email accounts, all unrouted goes to :blackhole:, and i've even changed the domain's MX entries to 10.10.10.10 just so nobody can even connect to me for this domain's mail!

Wierd. Did u confirm the number of mails currently in the queue ?
    Sam
    Supportlobby.com - Expertise in Windows/Linux server support, IaaS and PaaS Management
    Spiralbean.com - Custom Software Development
    Email: exec @ activelobby.net | Skype: unni_active