comcast hosting regulations

I have a business class comcast account and have been able to host multiple sites on my server but ive recently read strange things about comcast's regulations towards this.

there really arent any alternatives in my area for a connection and i have multiple accounts right now. has anyone had any bad experiences in this situation?

Do you mean that you are hosting websites on your PC by using your Comcast at your home or residence?
    I post on WHT strictly for sig views

your hosting your sites at home ?? comcast does alot of packet filtering and bandwidth limiting.
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

i have a business account with 5 static ip's and i have their business class "ip gateway" connected to my dell poweredge server. this building is a place of business technically because of a woodworking shop in it and i did explain when i started my account with thm that i was small time hosting out of the building.

my question is do i have the appropriate account to be able to do this

I would check their TOS/AUP very carefully. Many ISP's block port 80 and or strictly forbid hosting websites on your connection. I have Comcast as my broadband provider at home and I know when I checked a little over one year ago they did not allow you to use your home connection for website hosting.

It may be different for business accounts, but it would be worth asking someone besides a sales rep. It would be a shame to put all that work into setting things up and then having Comcast pull the the plug.
    I post on WHT strictly for sig views

I would check with your ISP as most do not allow hosting off their accounts but business accounts might be different so check with Comcast.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

I would check your contract. Most of the time business accounts allow hosting. That's what the static IPs are for. If you have questions, call them and ask.
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

With the price you're paying to host a few sites at your house, you can probably save money getting a shared hosting account.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Comcast business plans do not explicitly allow you to host your own server, however here are some plans I came across;

http://www.comcast.com/MediaLibrary/...ernetPlans.gif

I would definitely give them a call. Find out what plan you have, call them from another number other than what is on your account, and ask. If you aren't "allowed" to host your own server on a business line this won't red-flag your account.

Good luck. Despite all of the controversy and discussion surrounding Comcast's bandwidth throttling and intrusive monitoring, I had very little trouble with them when I lived in Georgia. In fact, Comcast is probably the best cable-based ISP I've had.

-fin
    Thales

As someone suggested, if you aren't allowed to host the sites on your account, then I'd suggest just looking around the forums and just finding some reviews on certain hosts that catch your eye.

Because of how the market is, you'll be able to find a pretty good host at a reasonable price. Transfers are pretty seamless as well. The only issue you might have is when you change nameservers and the site goes down while it propagates.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

Why not just call Comcast and ask them? If you have noticed no problems, and have been doing this for awhile, my assumption would be that it is not a problem. If it is a problem, I am sure there is a local provider who could provide the same service for you at a comparable cost.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com