Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 47
  1. #1

    NT-Hosts gone awol

    Does anyone else here have hosting with them that can shed some light on the situation?

    nt-hosts.net have simply fallen out of cyberspace. Its been over 48hrs since my site went down along with theirs too. All emails are bouncing back as failed. My only point of contact is his mobile phone, i have phoned relentlessly over the past 48 hours and left so many messages, Nick has obviously become fed up of the calls as he has now switched off his phone!!
    All i want is a backup of my site (i know!!! please please!!! dont tell me i should have one as i have already kicked myself stupid for this huge error)

    I know he is a member here so maybe there are other customers here too that may know something i dont.

    thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    396
    i have never heard of them
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

  3. #3
    im beginning to wish i'd never heard of them too

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    396
    i know what you mean when i started hosting a few years back my host just up and disappeared if it wasn't for a back up would have gone AWOL.
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    396
    what kind of disk space and bandwidth are you looking for if any.
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

  6. #6
    im not right now without a backup i cant think of starting over from scratch

  7. #7
    does anyone know how i can get a backup? is there such a thing as back up recovery??

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,734
    You can try finding out who the datacenter provider is for the server and try and get a backup off of them, but I doubt you will have much luck with that.

  9. #9
    your right i havent had any luck there, they want his permission which isnt going to happen as he is not responding to my calls.
    his datacenter is theplanet.com as far as i can work out

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,965
    Ughhh....if your work was so important and you cannot imagine starting from scratch then how come you dont have a backup? I know, this is the question everybody asks, but "backup recovery" can only be done if there is backup to begin with.

    I'm afraid the best you can do is to start from scratch.

    So at least now do a through research and make sure you go with a quality host.

    The rule of thumb is, if you are going to a host based on the space and bandwidth they offer then you are going to be screwed over again. So keep that in mind when you choose.
    Last edited by HNLV; 04-26-2008 at 06:34 PM.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    396
    what u mean a host based on disk and bandwidth...
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Area 51 View Post
    what u mean a host based on disk and bandwidth...
    For example, say a host offers 100gb of space and 1000GB of bandwidth for $10 and there is another host who offers 1gb space and 100gb bandwidth for $10 and if you choose the 100gb space and 1000gb bandwidth host, then you will be screwed again.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Anantha View Post
    For example, say a host offers 100gb of space and 1000GB of bandwidth for $10 and there is another host who offers 1gb space and 100gb bandwidth for $10 and if you choose the 100gb space and 1000gb bandwidth host, then you will be screwed again.
    Not so, rule of thumb(maybe) but the thumb is only 20% of a hand. I would not say that Hostgater, DreamHost, ect. are going to go AWOL anytime soon. I've seen some host that go under when they are charging 3-5 times as much as the average host. This can happen in many more ways than just money flow. It's really all based on the host's business structure. Your best bet to finding a great host is doing your research on the host your looking to operate with.

    If your page was static (no database systems) you might take a look at, www archive org, that may help in someway.


    Best Wishes,
    HostVitaliy
    Matt W.
    Last edited by HostVitality; 04-26-2008 at 08:25 PM.

  14. #14
    Any ideas on how i can find the data centre used by nt-hosts.net, im thinking its theplanet.com but i may be wrong. Any help in tracking it down would be greatly appreciated.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    Any ideas on how i can find the data centre used by nt-hosts.net, im thinking its theplanet.com but i may be wrong. Any help in tracking it down would be greatly appreciated.
    http://whois.domaintools.com/nt-hosts.net

    - Quebec - Montreal - Groupe Iweb Technologies Inc

    Seems they are hosted at http://iweb.com/

  16. #16
    Thankyou very much they have confirmed he does host with them. im in contact with them now, its worth a shot as i have nothing to lose.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    Thankyou very much they have confirmed he does host with them. im in contact with them now, its worth a shot as i have nothing to lose.
    No Problem Let Us Know how you get on..

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    88
    Hi,

    I can't seem to be able to find an account under that domain name in our files and I am not able to their the IP address the domain resolved on by any mean.

    Could you let me know (in a PM) the IP address your domain points (or pointed) on so I can have a look ?

    Thanks,
    David Moreau Simard
    :: Blog: dmsimard.com
    :: Twitter: @dmsimard

  19. #19
    Pm sent to you and thanks for your help here.

  20. #20
    Its now been 5 days since my site went down and still no word from Nick Dayman from nt-hosts.net
    This is customer service at its absolute worst, i have carried on phoning his phone relentlessly left so many messages i have lost count and when i keep my finger on redial he simply switches his phone off!!!!
    I really dont understand his reluctance to explain the situation to me be it good or bad, i have been a customer for 2 years and we have always had a good business relationship this is all so bizzare as he gave me his personal mobile number so i could contact him 24/7.
    Let this be a lesson to all reading this,
    DONT TRUST YOUR HOST NO MATTER WHAT GUARANTEES AND PROMISES THEY MAKE 2 YEARS HAS COUNTED FOR NOTHING IN THIS CASE.
    as for iweb.com they are restricted as to what they can say and do as i am a customer of nthosts and not theirs.

    Nick i know you are a member here and will eventually see this,
    for goodness sake stop hiding and deal with your issues as i can promise you i wont go away!

  21. #21
    well they've been around for over 2years as ive been with them since April 2006. so i doulbt its a case of fly by night as you put it.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1
    Just a thought, but maybe Nick is sick or in the hospital or something. No cell phones allowed in hospital.

  23. #23
    yeah i like to give the benefit of the doubt too, but his phone is switched on and he switches it off when he has had enough of me ringing it.
    so if that were the case it would have been switched off for the past 5 days.

  24. #24

    NT-Hosts contact

    Hi there
    ive been hosting with the company for around 2 yrs and never had any problems and if there was (nick) would help out asap and until recently ive had no problems only with no sites lol but ive contacted nt-hosts (nick) and hopefully this weekshould here something as this is out of his hands and is with the data centre
    yes im annoyed but doesnt go that far to slater the company theres worse people and scams out there
    thanks
    w1shy

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    230
    Hi all,

    Firstly let me apologize for the lack of reply from myself, but 100 calls a minute to my own personal number is enough to drive anyone crazy, especially when our tech support line has been open throughout this problem!
    Each of our customers should of also had an email sent explaining the situation, and I apologize if you didn't receive it.

    We are currently having major problems with our main server, which both of your sites, and of course our own is hosted on.
    We are currently in talks with our data center to recover and make available the latest backups and should know more within the next few days.

    As for saying that we are a "fly by night company" this is certainly not the case, we have been trading for well over 2 years, and I myself have put just under 4 years of my blood, sweat, tears and of course a truck load money into building this company.

    We did go through a few technical problems as all companies do, these where due to relocation of our office, and a complete redesign of our site and services. We then had database issues with our main support center, which meant that our live support was off line for quite some time.
    We also had major problems with our billing system, this was due to the software vendors of ALP issuing updates that where faulty, and then completely changing their code which majorly screwed up the way it worked with our site.

    You may post any further questions here, or I am now sure that our email address "[email protected]" is now able to receive mail again.

    Once again let me apologize for the inconvenience and asure you we are working hard to rectify the problems we are facing.

    Kind regards,

    Nick Dayman

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    Glad that another problem is solved at
    Aspiration Hosting [US • UK • SG • AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    • LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo •

    • Web Development Support • Unmetered Bandwidth • Aspiration CDN • Magento Optimized •

  27. #27
    solved? hardly!!
    Nick i'm glad you've made an appearance! i would love to know what support line your talking about? please enlighten me!!as every line i have has been called and gone straight to answer machine and i have NEVER been called back.
    Your personal phone took 100 calls a minute as you put as there was no response to it. you simply cut me off or let it ring to answer machine...WHY?
    Dont forget you gave me that personal number for 24/7 support i didnt pluck it out of the sky! YOU said i could ring it for support i didnt decide to track you down and stalk you!!!
    I started off ever so understanding and all i wanted was some explanation, not once did you contact me back, not once did you email me, and your server has been down for 9 days so how is your nt-hosts.net email's getting through as all mine have bounced back as failed!
    as for being in touch with your data centre to 'rectify' the server issue, they have confirmed to me that you have NOT been in touch. I called them daily twice a day on some occasions, infact they even emailed you to get in touch with me and tried your number too!!!!
    I had to result to getting in touch with your data centre in order to help me know what was going on.

    Every company has issues at some point but your total lack in communication has let you down in a big way. Just an email, a returned call from the 100's i sent you with voicemail messages with contact details for myself would have been good.
    I have had the worst 9 days i've had in a long time and it all comes down to you Nick.
    I started this thread by saying i have been a customer of yours for just over 2 years and i will say again i have never had such an experience with you.
    Your support has always been great (when i get hold of you) and this is totally out of character.
    I still dont understand your reluctance to answer my calls or put me at ease over these 9 days.
    the reason this thread is here, is because i have spent 9 days trying to track you down i have tried every number available, i have used the archive site to go back and find any other form of contact, and nothing no response from anywhere.
    if you say there are only a few sites hosted on that server it cant have been very difficult to send an email how on earth did i get missed?
    I'm so angry at the way i've been treated and i doubt for a second anyone reading this can blame me!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    34,797
    Quote Originally Posted by w1shm4st4 View Post
    Hi there
    ive been hosting with the company for around 2 yrs and never had any problems and if there was (nick) would help out asap and until recently ive had no problems only with no sites lol but ive contacted nt-hosts (nick) and hopefully this weekshould here something as this is out of his hands and is with the data centre
    yes im annoyed but doesnt go that far to slater the company theres worse people and scams out there
    thanks
    w1shy
    What domain do you have hosted with them?
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482

    Unhappy It is true

    If there is a host that offers:
    5GB Space and 100GB Bandwidth &

    If there is a host that offers:
    500GB Space and 1TB of Bandwidth,

    Which one would you go for? - Most will go for the one that offers the most space and Bandwidth, Right? - Wrong, The ones that are offering all this great and wonderful space and bandwidth are usually the ones overselling and their is their downfall and downtime.

    I could guarantee that you would have some great downtime and errors like what is happening to you.

    I would suggest choosing a host that is more reliable, Recenlty I found out off a mate who is well into computers and knows so much, Is that there was another 218 people on the same IP as me which in turn slowed me down. I switched to his Servers and have had not one issue.

    I am creating a Host myself. Starting out on the road of Web-Hosting. I am very excited, But that is pointless at the moment. Honestly I am not sure there is anything you can do but to start from scratch. As painful as this sounds it is the most likely thing you can do unless contact with nik become a gift from the gods... Who knows!

    I wish you luck, Wish I could help.

    Sean

  30. #30
    its bizzare Nick you have all my contact details and could have phoned me back, emailed me back or got in touch by msn, yet you come here instead to try and save your 'companies' name which is facing negative feedback here. that just goes to show what your priority is.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    solved? hardly!!
    Nick i'm glad you've made an appearance! i would love to know what support line your talking about? please enlighten me!!as every line i have has been called and gone straight to answer machine and i have NEVER been called back.
    Your personal phone took 100 calls a minute as you put as there was no response to it. you simply cut me off or let it ring to answer machine...WHY?
    Dont forget you gave me that personal number for 24/7 support i didnt pluck it out of the sky! YOU said i could ring it for support i didnt decide to track you down and stalk you!!!
    I started off ever so understanding and all i wanted was some explanation, not once did you contact me back, not once did you email me, and your server has been down for 9 days so how is your nt-hosts.net email's getting through as all mine have bounced back as failed!
    as for being in touch with your data centre to 'rectify' the server issue, they have confirmed to me that you have NOT been in touch. I called them daily twice a day on some occasions, infact they even emailed you to get in touch with me and tried your number too!!!!
    I had to result to getting in touch with your data centre in order to help me know what was going on.

    Every company has issues at some point but your total lack in communication has let you down in a big way. Just an email, a returned call from the 100's i sent you with voicemail messages with contact details for myself would have been good.
    I have had the worst 9 days i've had in a long time and it all comes down to you Nick.
    I started this thread by saying i have been a customer of yours for just over 2 years and i will say again i have never had such an experience with you.
    Your support has always been great (when i get hold of you) and this is totally out of character.
    I still dont understand your reluctance to answer my calls or put me at ease over these 9 days.
    the reason this thread is here, is because i have spent 9 days trying to track you down i have tried every number available, i have used the archive site to go back and find any other form of contact, and nothing no response from anywhere.
    if you say there are only a few sites hosted on that server it cant have been very difficult to send an email how on earth did i get missed?
    I'm so angry at the way i've been treated and i doubt for a second anyone reading this can blame me!
    If you can get in contact with your host, isn't the problem solved at ?
    After this all problems should be settled one to one and posting on a public forum is not needed anymore. (your can use the PM system of WHT if needed).
    Aspiration Hosting [US • UK • SG • AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    • LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo •

    • Web Development Support • Unmetered Bandwidth • Aspiration CDN • Magento Optimized •

  32. #32
    have you seen him respond to me? i STILL havent had a response to all my questions.
    The thread did'nt single me out or address me personally. Nick did'nt apologise for ignoring all my calls and requests for help.
    Nick said any further questions were to be asked in this thread and i'm following orders.
    lets see how far that gets me.
    If after 9 days of no contact with your host, relentless calls giving him the opportunity to call you back, email you... would you trust him to contact you back by any other means?
    Nick said ask here so i'm asking here.....

    Once i get a call or email there would be no reason for me to write here in order to get hold of my host.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by NTHosts View Post
    Firstly let me apologize for the lack of reply from myself
    I didn't apologize?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxair
    If there is a host that offers:
    5GB Space and 100GB Bandwidth &

    If there is a host that offers:
    500GB Space and 1TB of Bandwidth,

    Which one would you go for? - Most will go for the one that offers the most space and Bandwidth, Right? - Wrong, The ones that are offering all this great and wonderful space and bandwidth are usually the ones overselling and their is their downfall and downtime.
    Why does everyone assume that we was overselling?
    Do you actually know the size of the package this client was on? No you don't, so stop saying that, and as for down time, up until now we had 99.99% uptime for almost 2 years!

    To Monya:

    I never said that there was only a few sites on this server did I? Infact, there was well over 200 sites situated on that box, and for each of our servers we have a mailing list with all clients emails for that server, sometimes emails do not get sent to all people in that list through no fault of ours.

    As for iWeb, I will be very annoyed if they are giving out any personal information, such as whether anyone has been in contact with them, as this is a clear breach of their privacy policy.

    I didn't say which Data center we are in talks with did I?
    Fact of the matter is, we host all our backups with a separate company based in the UK, which we are currently in talks with to recover the backups for all sites situated on that server.
    I am sorry but this is going to take time, and with the bank holiday now, nothing can be done until Tuesday.

    I know it's a pain, but you need to understand it also a pain for us, and we are working around the clock to resolve the situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    you come here instead to try and save your 'companies' name which is facing negative feedback here. that just goes to show what your priority is.
    I was actually pointed to this post by another client, who did actually follow the correct channels, our tech support line was clearly stated on the front page of our site, and infact in our signature here at WHT, along with our fax number.

    Kind regards

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    230

  35. #35
    where's the explanation for the lack of reply Nick? why should i accept an apology for no replies without a good reason?

    The correct channels? do you honestly think i would be so stupid as to not ring that number? i can get a printout of all the numbers i have dialled and how many times i have dialled them over the past 8 days!!! and you can have my phone bill too if you like...
    do not patronise its ugly!

    The correct channel was also using the 24/7 number you gave me to call you... which you chose to ignore me on wasnt it? stop trying to make me out as some crazed customer that didnt follow procedure when i have done everything in my power to get hold of some support from you. all you had to do was answer the phone!!

    I even emailed the email adress you provided here in your first post of this thread early this afternoon and guess what? no response....

    with the amount of calls you recieved from me from 3 differant numbers i found for you, its hard to understand why you couldnt get back to me.
    I still stand by the fact your support has been non exisistent for 9 days,
    emails not getting through no fault of your own? ok even if that were the case it would have been pretty obvious i didnt recieve an email with all the voicemails i left you, with contact numbers and email address to get back to me, so that doesnt wash.

    why not email me now? why not let me know where my hosting stands and whether you are planning on hosting again? why not let me know what the problem is with the server? why not let me know why you are trying to get backups and not get the server up?
    you have my email, you have my msn, you have my phone number. and if you have for any reason not got them to hand pm me and i will give them to you again!
    Speak to me 1 on 1 and stop answering here trying to clear your company name amybe then i could actually have said days ago it was resolved rather than this public back and forth with you. It doesnt look good does it? but what is a customer supposed to do when they have exhausted all other channels?

    I just dont get why 2 years of a really good business relationship, wont allow you to put me in the picture like you have done in the past, why are you so backwards in coming forwards with this issue?

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    I suggest the OP to calm down and try to PM your host.
    Maybe you are not the only one who are facing this.
    Try to talk calmly and maybe the problem can be solved.
    Aspiration Hosting [US • UK • SG • AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    • LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo •

    • Web Development Support • Unmetered Bandwidth • Aspiration CDN • Magento Optimized •

  37. #37
    I suggest you try and understand where i'm coming from and have some empathy.

    I have emailed him on the email address he provided in his first post of this thread and i am still waiting for a response from him.

    9 days and patience and calmness have gone out of the window i'm afraid, infact i pat myself on the back for lasting this long you should see me when im hormonal!!

    If anything Nick should be jumping through hoops to contact me not the other way around.

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    230
    I have given the best explanation I can give at the moment, you just have to be patient.

    Whilst I understand that you are annoyed, you also need to understand that you are not the only client affected by this, and we are working hard to resolve this issue for you all, hence why I am posting here now, because I know a lot of our clients use this forum!

    And do you really want me to waste my time going through 1000 voice mails, or use it trying to get this problem fixed?

    I am constantly checking emails as of today myself, and have received not a single one from yourself.

    However, the fact of the matter is, the more time I have to waste posting here answering questions from people who don't even host with us, the less time I have to resolve the issue in hand.

    But yes, of course, as the owner of the company I do feel the need to do some damage limitation here on WHT, as we are being accused of all sorts, which is totally not the case!

  39. #39
    I have to be patient? of course i do once im told what's going on.

    no email recived from me?

    testing testing 123
    From: * ****** ([email protected])
    Sent:
    03 May 2008 13:31:27
    To:
    [email protected]

    this is a test, if you get this email then i expect one back confirming you did.

    I dont expect you to go through 1000's of voice messages, i expected you to listen to them as they came in and at least answer 1 of them. maybe it wouldnt have reached the 1000's if you did'nt ignore them all.

    I an not accusing you of all sorts here, i am merely trying to speak to you and this has proven to be my only means, and everything i have said is totally truthfull i have no reason to lie.
    pick up the phone now nick and answer my questions, you have only provided a vague response here, nothing that will satisfy 9 days of outage.

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    230
    Firstly I am no longer going to be accepting any business calls on my personal number, I myself am not even supposed to be working this weekend, this is why I employ a number of staff... it seems I need to take a look at the current staffing situation and cut out any dead wood!

    As for your email, I have just checked again and have received nothing of the sort. We are currently forwarding all emails to a hotmail address until our temp site is up and running, which should be within the next 24 hours!

    That out of the way, I have given as much information as I can, and do not wish to disclose any more information on the matter.

    Regards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •