Need help on starting a Small hosting business

Hi all,

I'm doing some research about how to start a small hosting business, well, now I need you help to choose a good reseller company.

1- Budget 10-20/m
    2- End-User support
    3- recommended space (10GB-150GB) or what recommend you
    4- great bandwidth
    5- Billing support to handle customer's billing (accepting credit cards)
    6- Payment method (check, credit card etc)

Or what you think which company would be better to start a small hosting business.

Thank you so much,

Deadland

1. Thats pretty reasonable
    2. End user support for 10-20 a month is probably a little cheap.
    3. 10 would be fine to start off, just make sure you can upgrade at any time.
    4. Ok
    5.WHMCS is the best billing software in my opinion. Clientexec is cheaper and catching up to whmcs in features.
    6.Not sure what you mean.
    North Carolina Remote Hands | Dacentec | Hickory | Asheville | Charlotte | North Carolina
    DKraklan.me

Not many include end-user support under their reseller packages especially not for $10-20.

Some offer WHMCS or clientexec and payments methods are usually credit card or paypal for immediate account setups.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

If you want what your provider give support to your customers and get payments from your customers instead of you when you maybe look for an affiliate program or a reseller program such as Godaddy's(http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/wwd_la...Fhdr=&ci=8983).
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

recommended space
    At $10-$20, stick closer to 10GB, especially if you want overselling enabled with your account. Even 10GB may be a bit too generous, and is definitely in the "budget" section of the market.

thank your all for the response, so, which reseller hosting company I'd choose?

Quote Originally Posted by deadland View Post
    Hi all,

I'm doing some research about how to start a small hosting business, well, now I need you help to choose a good reseller company.

1- Budget 10-20/m
    2- End-User support
    4- great bandwidth

Or what you think which company would be better to start a small hosting business.

Thank you so much,

Deadland
    1- Budget 10-20/m - not a bad budget...
    2- End-User support - hmm, might be difficult, the only company i know is innohosting..
    3- recommended space (10GB-150GB) or what recommend you - 150 GB hdd is hard to come by...10GB is realistic
    4- great bandwidth - ask your host that..
    5- Billing support to handle customer's billing (accepting credit cards) - most companies nowadays offers free whmcs/clientexec, ask pre-sales
    6- Payment method (check, credit card etc) - most accept online cc / paypal...

you can do a search on wht for recommended hosts, as there are tons of threads asking the same question..

or take a little bit more time and check out the offers forum

Quote Originally Posted by deadland View Post
    Hi all,

1- Budget 10-20/m
    2- End-User support
    4- great bandwidth

Thank you so much,

Deadland
    Your budget seems reasonable. You may want to check reseller offers section.
    Server Management + Support to your hosting clients (unlimited tickets and servers) in one monthly fee.
    Outsourced Support
    | ManageAndSupport.com.

**We will monitor and harden your server + provide direct support to your hosting customers.**

I would recommend innohosting.com.
    They include end-user support, free client exec or whmcs depending on plan, free ssl cert, great support and uptime. They also have very fast servers.

Raheem is always on wht and can answer a lot of your questions.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

I was kind of looking into the same kind of deal myself, i was just wondering though, how much time would one need to dedicate to run this, and exactly what would you be doing most of the time?

There are others that do end-user support, I think fly-high does, but I'm not sure. I've never used them before, but I know that innohosting is not the only one providing end-user support.

Although they offer it, I only use it as a back-up. I prefer to handle all my customer issues in-house and only route them to the end-user support when I'm not available (i.e. sleeping )

Quote Originally Posted by rsbenedict View Post
    I would recommend innohosting.com.
    They include end-user support, free client exec or whmcs depending on plan, free ssl cert, great support and uptime.
    After seeing some posts here, I went to innohosting.com. Their support was offline. That wasn't very reassuring.

They're in the uk, but what do you mean their support was offline? They have 24hr tech support. Billing and Sales are business hours weekdays.

Check Fastdesk.net

I've never had a problem with their tech support 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by rsbenedict View Post

Check Fastdesk.net

I've never had a problem with their tech support 24/7.
    Thank you.

I would look into flyhigh.net .... check their forums for their promos.

your #6 concerns me are you looking for a host to do the credit card processing for you? I dont know of any that do and even if I did ... I dont think thats a good idea at all.
    Last edited by Laci; 05-01-2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    Dana aka Laci My Alter Ego
    Former WHT Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by frieden View Post
    After seeing some posts here, I went to innohosting.com. Their support was offline. That wasn't very reassuring.
    It is worth noting that our Sales/Billing is not 24x7. Sales/Billing is different from tech support.

All our tech support staff is US based. Tech support is contactable by telephone and ticket support 24x7x365.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    It is worth noting that our Sales/Billing is not 24x7. Sales/Billing is different from tech support.

All our tech support staff is US based. Tech support is contactable by telephone and ticket support 24x7x365.
    This is the most common wrong notion. I do not understand how people expect to get tech support on live chat ! People must realize that tech support is best offered through tickets.
    cPanel/WHM, Ruby On Rails, Remote Backups, Fantastico, RVSiteBuilder and much more!
    Visit our forums at http://www.oxyhosts.com/forums