Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Review - Inno Hosting

    Before getting a reseller account, I have managed all my clients websites via a few different shared hosting providers. I started with Godaddy, went throught 4 other hosts and then ended up at Servage.

    I came to Webhostingtalk a few months ago and looked at reviews. Then I looked at the reseller's own websites based on the following 2 points

    1. Website speed - After checking about 200 reseller hosting websites you would not believe how many are slow as pigs. If the companies own website is slow then that says something about what to expect if you sign up with them. I also would check the websites of their customers if available (in the testimonials section usually)

    2. Website design - if a webhosting company can not even design a coherent and intelligent website then that says something about their management/office backend. This factor may not be related to how good their tech abilities are but is an organizational skills pointer which will matter if the company sees larger growth.

    So I chose InnoHosting as they seemed to have the above covered. They also have branded end-user support. I have not set this feature up yet but they have a custom support desk that allows me to see the tickets being answered and also configure how I want their support staff to reply to my customers.

    The dozen or so support tickets I have sent so far (reseller newbie questions) have been answered very quickly. Some within minutes, the others always within half an hour.

    Multiple support staff other than Rameen and Chris have answered my tickets. It is difficult to judge whether a hosting company does have a legit backend or is just a 1 man show. But it seems like there are mutiple people working there.

    Speed is very quick. I am not based in the US but my sites load the the same speed as InnoHostings own webpage, which is nice and fast with absolutely no lag. Resource usage is around 1.0 or less for a 4 cpu server. I do not know if this figure is good or not.

    So 4 weeks in and my confidence is rising with InnoHosting. I have only transfered a few of my sites over and will soon do the rest.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,354
    Good review! They are definitely a worthwhile company. Hope they keep up the great job!
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by agisthos View Post
    1. Website speed - After checking about 200 reseller hosting websites you would not believe how many are slow as pigs. If the companies own website is slow then that says something about what to expect if you sign up with them. I also would check the websites of their customers if available (in the testimonials section usually)
    Did you really check "200 reseller hosting websites"?
    I did visit website of many hosting providers in WHT and have no issue with loading speed (except those in outage forum).
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    Did you really check "200 reseller hosting websites"?
    I did visit website of many hosting providers in WHT and have no issue with loading speed (except those in outage forum).
    Yes it is not an exageration. I came across a web designer who specialises in hosting design and looked at 100 of his clients if not more.

    Most of the popular known WHT hosts are fast.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    If the companies own website is slow then that says something about what to expect if you sign up with them.
    I think this depends largely on their website design. No 2 sites are the same, so speed can be a relative thing.

    That being said, it's definitely great to hear you put so much thought and time into choosing a host, and that your effort was not in vain. Thanks for sharing your story!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by agisthos View Post
    Before getting a reseller account, I have managed all my clients websites via a few different shared hosting providers. I started with Godaddy, went throught 4 other hosts and then ended up at Servage.

    I came to Webhostingtalk a few months ago and looked at reviews. Then I looked at the reseller's own websites based on the following 2 points

    1. Website speed - After checking about 200 reseller hosting websites you would not believe how many are slow as pigs. If the companies own website is slow then that says something about what to expect if you sign up with them. I also would check the websites of their customers if available (in the testimonials section usually)

    2. Website design - if a webhosting company can not even design a coherent and intelligent website then that says something about their management/office backend. This factor may not be related to how good their tech abilities are but is an organizational skills pointer which will matter if the company sees larger growth.

    So I chose InnoHosting as they seemed to have the above covered. They also have branded end-user support. I have not set this feature up yet but they have a custom support desk that allows me to see the tickets being answered and also configure how I want their support staff to reply to my customers.

    The dozen or so support tickets I have sent so far (reseller newbie questions) have been answered very quickly. Some within minutes, the others always within half an hour.

    Multiple support staff other than Rameen and Chris have answered my tickets. It is difficult to judge whether a hosting company does have a legit backend or is just a 1 man show. But it seems like there are mutiple people working there.

    Speed is very quick. I am not based in the US but my sites load the the same speed as InnoHostings own webpage, which is nice and fast with absolutely no lag. Resource usage is around 1.0 or less for a 4 cpu server. I do not know if this figure is good or not.

    So 4 weeks in and my confidence is rising with InnoHosting. I have only transfered a few of my sites over and will soon do the rest.
    Ping response might be based on a server location. So depending on how far you are located from the datacenter that will determine the ping response. I do not think this is a correct way of judging whether a specific hosting company has slow or fast servers.
    Server Management + Support to your hosting clients (unlimited tickets and servers) in one monthly fee.
    Outsourced Support
    | ManageAndSupport.com.

    **We will monitor and harden your server + provide direct support to your hosting customers.**

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1318 View Post
    Ping response might be based on a server location. So depending on how far you are located from the datacenter that will determine the ping response. I do not think this is a correct way of judging whether a specific hosting company has slow or fast servers.
    Since I am an international customer I accept that my ping times will be 200ms to 300ms. I judge it by how fast a site loads after the first image appears.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,854
    Thanks for the review agisthos. Great to hear you're happy!
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •