International Brokering (yes this does relate to websites indirectly)

I have a client that I've developed a website for that is experiencing an extraordinary amount of traffic from the United States (I'm based in Canada). People are calling him up from various states (and other countries) practically begging him to ship the product to them (or that they'll drive to Canada, pick the product up, and drive it back.) The problem is he can't figure out how to ship it down to the States (and worldwide) as cheaply as possible. So I figured someone on here at some point would have had to encounter a similar situation.

My question is this: is there anyone here involved with international brokering and/or shipping of product, and who would my client contact to arrange fees/rates/getting all the stuff out of the country?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley

Well. Any major shipping company... UPS, Fedex, DHL...

The only problem is customs, because there are taxes on imported goods.

That's apparently what an international broker takes into account and significantly reduces/avoids. The other factor is the average weight of one of these products (sorry to be so vague but I'm trying to protect my client's interests and avoid having other people steal his idea) is about 250 pounds. So shipping through any of the courier/shipping companies really wouldn't be a good option.
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley