* [Hiring] Linux System Administrators / Level III Support

HostGator.com is growing by leaps and bounds and we need some help to fill these shoes. We are a web hosting company, looking for talented individuals seeking a career in Linux system administration. We currently have openings on day, night, and graveyard shifts in our Houston, Texas location. Relocation assistance will be provided to those potential employees that fully meet our required skills and perform the following job description.

Apply online

Job Description:

1. Providing technical support for Level I-III issues via help desk ticket system.
    2. Monitoring servers for stability and taking proactive measures to correct issues.
    3. Assisting fellow Administrators and Support Representatives with technical support issues.
    4. Assisting clients in transferring accounts to our servers.
    5. Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining services such as Apache, Mysql, and Exim (standard cPanel services)

Required Skills:

* Excellent written and verbal skills in the English language to communicate effectively to clients
    * Ability to work with a team and follow instruction from supervisors
    * Outstanding customer service skills
    * Must be dependable to be at work during assigned shifts
    * Advanced knowledge of Cpanel/WHM control panel
    * Advanced knowledge of the linux operating system
    * Knowledge of bash shell scripting or better (perl, ruby, etc.)
    * Flexible Schedule
    * Understanding of PHP and HTML
    * Understanding of ASP and JSP helpful
    * Ability to multi task and meet specific goals set by supervisors
    * Experience with documenting procedures
    * Advanced knowledge of Apache
    * Advanced knowledge of Exim

We have a real laid back atmosphere at our Houston office. Benefits include full medical/dental, free daily lunches prepared by our own gourmet chef, and a break room with a regulation Pool table, air hockey, foosball, arcades, and of course... Ping Pong.

If you have any experience in web hosting and/or linux, apply today!

HostGator is a great company to work at! Even if you have to re-locate, you won't regret it, you will feel comfortable and meet a bunch of knowledgeable and friendly people. Like me.
    Optimidia - Affordable and reliable web hosting.

The jobs are in Houston only? No telecommuting from other cities?

Yes Jobs are only in houston, No remote is avaiable.. Read the post..

Any assistance if I really want to work for you guys but have to move to USA for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual-Tech View Post
    Any assistance if I really want to work for you guys but have to move to USA for this?
    Read the post, on-site only. So yes, you will.

If you're able to get a visa to work for us legally in America we would be happy to help you get here financially. We've actually done this a few times now and they've turned out to be some of our best employees.

The work ethic of foreign employees on a visa is simply amazing from what we've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    If you're able to get a visa to work for us legally in America we would be happy to help you get here financially. We've actually done this a few times now and they've turned out to be some of our best employees.

The work ethic of foreign employees on a visa is simply amazing from what we've seen.
    This may seem a little off-topic, forgive me if I am, but i have a question i'm dying to ask.
    Do you offer any sort of International Internships for students? or the alike.

I'm sorry we don't offer international internships.

Re:

Dear hostgator.com,

I do not know either you are right person or not. My friend have submitted application on your website also emailed you his resume. He did not get any response from you. Does it means that he is not eligible for this job.

Best Regards.

Was he able to work from our houston office? Was he a sys admin? Where did he live?

Dear hostgator.com,

Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    Was he able to work from our houston office? Was he a sys admin? Where did he live?
    Well he is System Admin and he is located in Pakistan. He can relocate if you guys help him in relocating.

Best Regards.

so you have to live in usa?

Quote Originally Posted by poeske View Post
    so you have to live in usa?
    Are you illiterate? Did you even bother reading his post? They are accepting on-site personnel only.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    Are you illiterate? Did you even bother reading his post? They are accepting on-site personnel only.
    well , i don't get that.
    so u may live anywhere?

well , i don't get that.
    so u may live anywhere?
    An on-site job means that you need to be within traveling distance of the corporate headquarters.

well , i don't get that.
    so u may live anywhere?
    NO. On-site means on-site. Inside their office. So you have to live in the USA, hence it's re-locate.

Hello,

Please check your PM.

Thank you.

Regards,

Uploaded the resume

Dear Sir,

The position you have has caught my interest. I believe I could match the requirements you have mentioned.

I have uploaded my resume and details required.
    Ready to relocate.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
    Nitin(Technet)

phreek338 Guest
    hi, im interested in working for HostGator but i would have to move to the US, please contact me if you would be willing to make it happen and if you are interested i will send you my CV.

Thanks
    Juan

phreek338 Guest

I have submitted my resume as well it would be a great plessure to work at Hostgator. Im a fresh redhat certified technician from Bangladesh. hoping to complete my RHCE next month. Im ready to relocate.
    TetraHost Bangladesh
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Semi Dedicated Box
    Biased for true hosting experience - www.tetrahostbd.com

Good luck!

say, you got their attention on you resume. they were impressed during interview. do you think they will help you to have a working visa? coz US already have that manpower, i don't think they will work on that.

Iam ready to relocate if you can provide me WORK PERMIT............

Awaiting for your reply......

We aren't able to provide work visas however if you're able to get one on your own we will sign what is needed to facilitate it.

I am a Wintel guy..working in Hsphere ( Linux) and major part as Windows web server admin with MSSQL DB , Sharepoint and Mail server and Firewall (Visnetic) administration and handling Techno sales would I be prefered...

Sure would! Please send us over your resume if you would be able and willing to work from our houston office.

I too would love to work for hostgator but do not iwsh to relocate at this time as living costs in Houston are too expensive, but I would definately like to work for Hostgator

Hostgator.com

Can I offline you for a minute and I will send you a PM.

Look forward to hearing from you!

/bin/false
    Jason (JC) Morris, Vice President - Technology
    TechWest Hosting - Enterprise Plesk & cPanel Hosting Since 2003!
    Shared & Reseller Hosting on Dell Quad Core 5420 Servers w/ RAID 10 in Multiple Datacenters!
    Ruby on Rails, FFMPEG, Fantastico, RVSiteBuilder, RVSkins, Nightly Off-site Backups, Clustered DNS!

Hi,

This is my 4th attempt i guess, I'm trying for a long time to work abroad but you guys are not ready to help me/us get visa. I'm ready to work any where if can help me to get work permit. Yes i read this thread fully and it is mentioned that "If you're able to get a visa to work for us legally in America we would be happy to help you get here financially." but we need some initial help from your side.

Right now I'm working for a DC & server management company ezsm.net and ready to relocate any where around the world. The thing is the company who hires me should help me to get work permit.

remotesupp please pm me your resume, and your plan to get the visa. They can be very complicated to get.

Dear hostgator.com,

remotesupp please pm me your resume, and your plan to get the visa. They can be very complicated to get.
    Yes, i agree as one of my relative who has been working in USA had told me that "US Government have put CAP on VISA and they are not accepting any more VISA for 2009"

I do not know either this case will be only for Pakistan/India or its globally applied.

Best Regards.