TOS, AUS and PP - HostLegal or someone else?

Hey all,
    Who do you think is the best for the various legal documents required to start up a host?

HostLegal.com look good, although at $99 for 3 documents (that I'd actually use), I wonder if there's anyone cheaper?
    Thanks,
    Tristan
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

I dont think you could really find one cheaper than HostLegal.com - you could look around for HostLegal.com feedback from a host and take a look at the TOS and see if it is worth the $100

Tristan,

I would personally recommend you talk to your Lawyer about getting your terms of service, acceptable use policy and privacy policy published as no business is the same. Moreover these documents are to protect you and your business so you should ensure everything is documented correctly based on your business plan and ethics.

Some hosts dont have the funds for a Lawyer just to get a terms of service, acceptable use policy and privacy policy. Getting this work done can set you back $,$$$ and as he is looking for somthing cheaper than $99 im guessing he does not have those funds to blow on a Lawyer
    Jon Black

Hi Tristan,

I'd really recommend that you take the time to study some other documents used by other companies -- then write your own. You can address the same types of issues that they do without copying them (which is bad).
    Bill - Support Analyst - Liveblock Auctions International
    http://www.LiveGlobalBid.com

Hey all,
    Thanks for the help/replies

In the end I looked around at multiple hosts, then written my own. I will also be buying the HostLegal pack and using relevant parts of that if need be.

Many thanks!
    Tristan
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

Yes, I also think Hostlegal is a good option, Zachary will always help you!
    Waveweb Technologies
    http://www.waveweb.com
    Customer Service Guarantee

Get a lawyer. HostLegal may be good but your high priced lawyer is better when you get into trouble . Besides saves you the time of explaining the details to your lawyer when you need him.
    http://www.webbloged.com - Articles on web design, coding and SEO

How important is a good TOS? If I got a free host/paid host for an small amount of money per month/year.

To be honest, getting a cheap or free TOS/ AUP is not worth it. It's best to contact a lawyer, and put money towards it. If you can't put money towards your company's Terms Of Service, I don't know what to tell you besides "Good luck" in the hosting industry.

Tiffany