Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Special $39 Offer For Dedicated Vm Server

How do Irvine Hosting VM servers solutions differ from standard web hosting solutions?

The entire server is under your control. You have administrator rights and complete control over all software, processes and services running on your server. You have an IP address of your own and may use the server in any way you wish. You may create additional user accounts and host as many different web sites on your server for you or your customers as your heart desires. You can even recompile the kernel on your server for instance.

What are the physical server configurations?

The physical server configuration may vary. But in general we use state of the art servers with quality server motherboards, multiple P4 XEON processors, many GB of RAM, Ultra 320 SCSI 15K hard drives in RAID, and dual gigabit Ethernet ports. Thus, your virtual server provides disk IO and network access that blows away standard 1U IDE dedicated servers.

What are the specifications of your network operational center?

New Secure and Controlled Facility
    Fiber Sonet-Ring Dual OC-48 Building
    Gigabit and Multiple T3 Backbone Network
    99.999% Network Uptime
    Burstable Connections
    Cisco Routers
    BGP-4
    QOS (Quality of Service)
    Fast Ethernet & Gigabit Switched Ports
    UPS and Generator Power Back-up
    24/7/365 Emergency Access
    Free Reboot
    Redundant, 24-hour Air Conditioning
    Fiber Access

How long does it take to get my server?

Order are processed in the order they are received. Generally, once the setup + first month is paid, you will receive your welcome letter within 48 hours. However, at this time we are configuring our server "BRADSHAW" for operation. The expected activation date for "BRADSHAW" is September 9th. This date may be subject to change but we will work hard to try to meet this deadline.

We are currently taking preorders at this time, but not accepting funds until "BRADSHAW" is in operation (the right way to do business). Send us your preorder via email including your server configuration details (which server package you want, which OS, and any special requests/additions/modifications). You will only be sent a billing request when the server is activated. Email your preorders to info@irvinehosting.net.

Irvine Hosting offers the following dedicated VM server plans:

Unmanaged Developer/Ecommerce Server
    256 MB of RAM
    10 Gigabytes Disk Space
    40 Gigabytes network transfer
    1 IP Address
    Choice of following operating systems installed:
    Redhat 7.3
    FreeBSD 4.6.2
    Gentoo 1.4 (our favorite!)
    Windows Advanced Server 2000
    Windows .NET Server RC1
    Solaris 9
    Minimal Support (unmanaged)
    24/7 Support for Server Reboots or Network Problems
    $50 setup fee, $39 per month
    *Note - Windows options require an additional $25 per month fee for licensing costs.
    Additional IP addresses, disk space, ram, bandwidth and daily backups available for a reasonable price.

Unmanaged Web Hosting/Reseller Server
    256 MB of RAM
    10 Gigabytes Disk Space
    200 Gigabytes network transfer
    1 IP Address
    Redhat 7.3
    FreeBSD 4.6.2
    Windows .NET Server RC1
    Solaris 9
    Minimal Support (unmanaged)
    24/7 Support for Server Reboots or Network Problems
    $50 setup fee, $59 per month
    *Note - Windows options require an additional $25 per month fee for licensing costs.
    Additional IP addresses, disk space, ram, bandwidth and daily backups available for a reasonable price.

Managed Ecommerce Server
    256 MB of RAM
    10 Gigabytes Disk Space
    40 Gigabytes network transfer
    1 IP Address
    Redhat 7.3
    FreeBSD 4.6.2
    Windows .NET Server RC1
    Solaris 9
    24/7 Gold Support (managed)
    24/7 Support for ALL ISSUES
    $200 setup fee, $239 per month
    With a managed plan, we handle all software installs, upgrades and administration. It is like having your very own 24/7 sys admin caring for your server.

Managed Web Hosting/Reseller Server
    256 MB of RAM
    10 Gigabytes Disk Space
    200 Gigabytes network transfer
    1 IP Address
    Redhat 7.3
    FreeBSD 4.6.2
    Windows .NET Server RC1
    Solaris 9
    24/7 Gold Support (managed)
    24/7 Support for ALL ISSUES
    $200 setup fee, $259 per month
    With a managed plan, we handle all software installs, upgrades and administration. It is like having your very own 24/7 sys admin caring for your server.

Send me an email to let me know what you think of these packages. Let's chat

Sincerely,
    Shanon Fernald
    http://www.IrvineHosting.net
    info@irvinehosting.net
    Last edited by irvinehostin; 08-22-2002 at 03:48 PM.

How much is extra RAM?

How much is extra RAM? And is it per month?
    Dan Esparza
    CagedTornado web services

ram upgrade costs

$4 per 128MB per month.

Here is the ip check for those interested:

Last edited by irvinehostin; 08-28-2002 at 01:48 PM.

Windows .NET Server RC1
    How are you gonna offer Release Canadite Software from Microsoft?
    Jesse Lanning- Secure Technology Networks
    support: support@sthost.com
    web: http://www.sthost.com

What software are you using to create the VMs?

Peter

you may wish to check your middle offering, is the 200 GB a typo dont you mean 20 GB , else ill take 6 thanks
    --
    Rich

to frozen:
    Windows .NET RC1 is available as an option. It is recommended only for windows developers. I would not run a production site on it, but Windows RC's have been known to be fairly stable so somebody might I guess. If I was a developer working on a .NET project a server like this would be ideal.

to ckpeter:
    We are not revealing which VM software we are using, but there are only a few out there so you can probably guess. We are using the industry market leader.

to richy:
    200 GB of network transfer is not a typo. That is the offer. We balance each server with developers (low network usage) and web resellers (high network usage) to maximize network transfer availability. Why don't you try one to see if you like it?

I guess what I meant to say. Is how would one legally aquire a copy of RC1, as I thought it was only legally usable by preselected beta testers. I didn't know I could get a liscensed copy when it is still in this stage of development and I would like to if possible.
    Jesse Lanning- Secure Technology Networks
    support: support@sthost.com
    web: http://www.sthost.com

You could get a license from Microsoft's site. However, I am not sure if a product released at this stage is licensed for production use.

Peter

to frozen:

You can get it right from Microsoft's site. You have to fill out a short form, then wait (a week or so) for the download link email. They say it is good for one year and they don't recommend it for production use and don't support it, but it is up to you how you want to use it. I ran a site with .NET beta for a year before it was released and I don't think the site ever went down once.

Here is the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows.net...w/default.mspx

Shanon, you may want to check your PM box for a PM from me. Hope you can clear that issue up for me.

Peter

to ckpeter:

Hope that clarifies the issue for you. I am not using VMWARE Workstation. The VM software is fully licensed and designed for servers.

Irvin ...
    can you aproximate the speed of this VM ?
    (run a benchmark on it ?) dunno...

like .... is as fast as a Celeron 600 Mhz / 256Mb ... for example.
    Disk Space is on Ultra-160 SCSI right?

one more thing ... in your website ...
    go a | grep IRQ .... and replace by ICQ

Regards.
    CAS Networks SL | Businesss Solutions Provider
    -> www.cascompany.com, IT Related B2B since 1997.
    -> Premium Dedicated Servers & Private Reseller Accounts
    -> Certified Solutions Architect - Proven System Administrator - DevOps Enthusiast

A fully utilized (maxed vms) server will provided no less than the equal of a celeron 600 for each vm. That being said, if the server is under utilized, then the vms will split the server capacity. Also keep in mind the scsi disk array RAID 5 just makes this thing blaze.

Also, thanks for the heads up on that mistake on my web page.

very good.

I would love to have one of this .NET servers on the real world... lol

btw... are you running ESX Server ?
    I think it's a damn pretty piece of software...

Regards
    CAS Networks SL | Businesss Solutions Provider
    -> www.cascompany.com, IT Related B2B since 1997.
    -> Premium Dedicated Servers & Private Reseller Accounts
    -> Certified Solutions Architect - Proven System Administrator - DevOps Enthusiast

i couldn't find the $39 in the website other than mentioned in the first page.

Am i missing something?

vmware gsx is >$3000 per server ... i ask myself how you can build a $39 / server business model if you REALL buy your licences...
    I sell nothing, I only buy

The $39 price is a special price for wht members.

"vmware gsx is >$3000 per server ... i ask myself how you can build a $39 / server business model if you REALL buy your licences..."

I was asked about this before in pm. I have nothing to hide. My business model and profit/losses are my own business until the day this is a public company. However I will tell you that I am not the first company willing to lose money initially to break into a new market.

Sincerely,
    Shanon

Shanon, what you said is certainly true. However, even if you are not a public company, your clients may be interested in knowing the underlying costs for your business, so as to know about the long term stability.

For example, if I see a host offering 100GB for $10, I have to ask myself, why is he doing this? How does he plan to make his profit? If I sign up with him, will he increases the price in 3 months?

While you are not a public company, I do think these are vaild questions to ask.

Peter

Prices may change in the future as the market dictates, however the push seems to be downward not upward at least for the forseeable future. That said, clients down the road will likely pay higher prices than these introductory rates, especially clients brought in through local marketing which has a higher cost per customer than wht. The prices I have listed in the forum take into consideration the cost of advertising on this forum: $0 and also are intended to generate awareness and excitement from other industry members (which it seems to be doing )

My company has no debt, is focused carefully on its niche, and is funded entirely from the sale of a previous venture. There is a plan to profitability within 1 year. But I totally admit I have a TON to learn about this industry and new business and am totally jazzed about the industry and the cool people I have met right here on wht and chatted with in IM (quite a few actually).

I hope this helps answer your questions about the company.

Hey when do I stop being a "newbie"???

I think that's a very clear and honest explanation, Shanon. If I am looking for hosting, I would trust my business with you.

I think your next status is "Junior Guru Wannabe" at 80 posts (not sure, it has been a long time since I got to it. )

Peter

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast