Thread: Day of Silence

Day of Silence

Who is participating in it tommorrow?

and for those of you who do not know what it is:

"The National Day of Silence brings attention to anti-LGBT name-calling, bullying and harassment in schools. This yearís event will be held in memory of Lawrence King, a California 8th-grader who was shot and killed Feb. 12 by a classmate because of his sexual orientation and gender expression. Hundreds of thousands of students will come together on April 25 to encourage schools and classmates to address the problem of anti-LGBT behavior."

I think I would get fired if I participated...heh

Quote Originally Posted by cheyenne1212 View Post
    I think I would get fired if I participated...heh
    lol i'm doing it tomorrow and i'm quite excited

I had to look up LGBT ....Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender/Transexual.
    My cousin-in-law was hog-tied and stoned to death by gay-bashers. He was a good soul and I miss him. While I understand the Moment of Silence for LGBT it is part of a broader problem of hate and pack mentalities against anyone who is different - be it color, ethnicity, religion, orientation or nerdiness. Many young men fall to peer pressure and pack mentality to attack easy targets thinking that it proves their masculinity and makes them one-of-the-boys. Luckily most grow out of it.
    Last edited by Techno; 04-24-2008 at 10:47 PM.

I'm not going to say that I agree with gay marriage or anything of that nature, but that doesn't mean these people deserve to be punished. They are still human, just as we are. Everyone is different.