Thumbs up Windows Defender to the rescue!

So yesterday I caught a virus, or something like it. I downloaded a "modification" for MSN / Windows Live Messenger to allow infinite nudging, and installed it. Just as I did that, Windows Defender popped up with a warning saying something to the effect of "you have a virus on your computer, what do you want to do about it?" Naturally I said delete it, and since then - no more warnings!

(This post is mainly aimed at those people who think that Windows Defender is a piece of [insert expletive of choice here]. It saved me from going nuts and having to format and restore 160GB of data from backups. Kudos to Microsoft for saving my butt! )

We have Windows Defender running on all our Workstations/PC's and it always seems to prove its worth. We back it up with LavaSoft as well

U Never can be too safe
    Barak Hosting
    http://barakhosting.com
    Shared, VPS & Dedicated Hosting - Lunatic Support is what sets us apart

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by marcbarak View Post
    We have Windows Defender running on all our Workstations/PC's and it always seems to prove its worth. We back it up with LavaSoft as well

U Never can be too safe
    I guess it helps that I always install the daily updates for Windows Defender that Vista notifies me about. I like to stay as up-to-date as I can.

as with all these "protection" items, you r no better protected than the latest versions of the updates, definitions, etc.
    Barak Hosting
    http://barakhosting.com
    Shared, VPS & Dedicated Hosting - Lunatic Support is what sets us apart