Please help, is there a major problem or is it just softlayer?

Please someone should let me know whats up.

My sites are taking ages to open and never get to open . This started yesterday evening. I was told that there is a problem with fiber cuts in Texas but am surprised that other websites like webhosting talk and every other website I go to, opens . So I wonder if its only Softlayer that was affected by this Fiber Cut in Texas.
    Why are other sites and hosts opening. Even the softlayer.com website is loading endlessly.

Now another support staff just said its firewall problem and that its been removed but Its still the same thing.

Please any other person aware of the Fiber Cut?

The softlayer site loads just fine here with me, from Europe (NL).
    Maybe it's a problem with your ISP or just at your server?
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

Thanks for reply but why did they initially tell me its because of fiber cuts in Texas and I was asked to check the internet health website for updates here: http://www.internethealthreport.com/ .

My ISP is ok cause every other site is opening.

There is a general problem indeed, you'll just have to wait for it to get sorted.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by cristibighea View Post
    There is a general problem indeed, you'll just have to wait for it to get sorted.
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

Could you please throw more light on this problem? The support guys over there always give me an answer that only web hosting gurus understand.

I need to know why other sites(probably on other hosting companies and servers), are opening freely but my sites that I host on softlayer dedicated servers are loading endlessly without fully opening.

Also, I maintain that www.softlayer.com is also loading endlessly without fully opening here.

Thanks for any help

Your requests are getting routed through a part of the network that is currently damaged. I, for one, can access www.softlayer.com but encounter problems on other parts of the network.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Well, softlayer.com is loading here (UK) - its slightly slow, but its loading.

Its possible that the direct route that your data is taking is trying to go through the cut fiber you mentioned. If thats the case, and if its trying to re-route data another way, then thats why its running so badly for you.
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

@cristibighea and midnightsoftware
    Thanks for that. You explained the problem without speaking too much *language*.

Is there a way that my own requests can be routed through another part of the network that is not damaged?

Unfortunately theres not really going to be anything you can do about that - thats down to the companies running the feeds between you and softlayer.

About the most you can do is contact your ISP with a traceroute, and see if they can re-route (although it's unlikely unless they have lots of people complaining)
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

We have a server on SoftLayer and continue to experience the problem as of 7:20am Eastern time (started around 2am?).

softlayer.com loads for me, but it seems to be slow. I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada.
    Rob Moore - Founder/President
    DemoWolf.com - Video Support Tutorials for Hosting Companies, since 2005
    Our new service is LIVE - as of June 1, 2016

Same issue and it has been going on since at least 2 AM est. According to Softlayer, it was caused by fiber cuts and there isn't much that can be done until the problem is fixed. Very frustrating, since we have all of our servers with them.

Nothing from my monitoring on our 2 servers at SL Dallas or from our Seattle based server.

Thats checking from monitoring nodes across America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, none of which have picked up any issued yet, my nagios board here is showing all green for the SL servers (monitoring from a server in the UK)
    Toby H
    Infrastructure Consultant
    SolutionFire.co.uk
    cPanel | VMware | XenServer | cPanel | 3PAR | R1soft

Try running a test on InternetSupervision.com . When I did that, our servers (which are in Dallas) were fine from most locations but unaccessible from Washington and Detroit.

I am in the Washington DC area and all other sites work great (so it's not something around here) , but Softlayer sites alternate between being unaccessible or very, very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby H View Post
    Nothing from my monitoring on our 2 servers at SL Dallas or from our Seattle based server.

Thats checking from monitoring nodes across America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, none of which have picked up any issued yet, my nagios board here is showing all green for the SL servers (monitoring from a server in the UK)

My Test on that site against our main site....

Santiago, Chile (760 Kbps) 09:01:50 OK 6.13 0.58 84
    Dortmund, Germany (5 Mbps) 09:01:47 OK 6.13 0.47 105
    Los Angeles, CA (1.5 Mbps) 10:00:32 OK 6.13 0.30 165
    Beijing, China (5 Mbps) 08:57:24 OK 6.13 0.81 60
    Detroit, MI (5 Mbps) 08:56:48 OK 6.13 0.41 121
    Chicago, IL (45 Mbps) 09:01:50 OK 6.13 0.11 449
    St. Petersburg, Russia (5 Mbps) 09:01:12 OK 6.13 16.20 3
    Gloucester, UK (5 Mbps) 09:01:50 OK 6.13 0.38 131
    Sydney, Australia (5 Mbps) 09:01:34 OK 6.13 0.75 65
    Toby H
    Infrastructure Consultant
    SolutionFire.co.uk
    cPanel | VMware | XenServer | cPanel | 3PAR | R1soft

Loads OK from Jersey.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

Over the last month or two, I've had multiple problems with networking for softlayer. While my other, single homed host, has had no problems.

And yeah, it's real slow for me too.

I have also experienced multiple network problems with SoftLayer over the last couple months. Everything has been going slow for me since last night, and haven't even been able to access the softlayer site or control panel.

It seems the cut fibers have been fixed at least....

Have started accessing my sites faster