How to protect yourself from Leechers?

Hello,

I want to know how to 100% protect your files from leechers?(directly accessing your files from another website).

There's some Leecher Protection button in hostgator's cPanel but I don't think it protects the "file" as much as it gives a password for a specific directory?

I am planning to make a website that offers Game-Videos created by the players themselves but I don't want to be attacked by leechers of any kind(like linking to the files from forums). Otherwise I'd be using all my bandwidth in no time.

Can you guys please help me with this?

Thanks!

I guess either username/password access or some kind of captcha would do it but that may not be practical?

Matt
    SysAdminMan - Asterisk PBX hosting - FreePBX, A2Billing and Elastix

Creating an .htaccess with refferers (and possibly some rewrite rules) should work.
    NOT a webhost!helping here just for the fun of it!
    G(r)eek inside.

I want to make the files download-able by everyone in the website(no registration required). Some files might need registrations to be accessed maybe. But for a start all the game-videos are accessable without password/login. But I don't want someone in a forum to directly link to the videos I have in my website.

You can use .htaccess to make sure that the people accessing your files are coming from your site, or to prevent people from embedding your content, you can use .htaccess to prevent hot linking.
    You can use this http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess14.shtml and this http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess10.shtml as a start