Dedicated or Clustered? Which one is Better for Extremely High Traffic Sites

I am in need of a hosting solution for 3 very high traffic blogs, all running on WordPress.

I have been researching dedicated and I came across a couple posts where people recommended Clustered hosting over Dedicated for better handling high traffic DB driven sites in the times of Digg or Slashdot frontpage exposure.

I would like your feedback, and your opinion on what to choose from the following options:

1. Netfirms Enterprise III (Clustered)
    2. ResellerZoom Failover (Clustered)
    3. LiquidWeb Dedicated Webmaster Series (Dedi w/ 2GB DDR and a 3Ghz Intel Hyperthreaded)
    4. HiVelocity Dedicated (Dedi w/ Quad-Core Xeon 2.4GHz and 2GB DDR)

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by DesignBlog; 04-24-2008 at 04:20 AM.

Youre definitely going to want a dedicated server, and possibly even run a cluster OF dedicated servers. You're going to require customized PHP and MySQL tweaking/tuning to optimize the machine for Wordpress and high traffic. You can only do this on a dedicated server.

Wordpress is notorious for high resource consumption, you will want something with a lot of CPU power, and RAM and a managed server with a team that knows how to handle high traffic wordpress sites.

For the very high traffic sites dedicated server is best desicion. Clustered hosting is better that ordinary shared hosting, but using it you still will share server (or cluster of servers) with other people.
    FastNext - shared, reseller, clustered hosting, VPS, dedicated servers.

Free DNS Stuff - IP tools, DNS checking tools, ping, tracerout etc.

I don't think you need a cluster to host high traffic website. All you have to do is to get a powerful machine and to get it optimized. That means to have skillful system administrator on your side or to use managed hosting services. Otherwise all companies mentioned above are well-known and reputable ones.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

No way for you to be sure without knowing all the details on his sites.
    Better to be safe, than sorry. IMO

dedicated servers with clustering, that is what you need.

forget shared hosting, that is always going to be lower quality as you're running on shared resources outside of your control
    Damien