Looking for a new host (Preferably Canadian company)

Well I've had it up to the neck with budget reseller so I'm moving hosts. I'm preferably looking for a Canadian company, but it doesn't have to be.

Here are my requirements:
    • At least 1GB disk space
    • 10GB bandwidth
    • Min. 5 MySQL Databases
    • PHP 5
    • cPanel would be nice
    • Does not have to be a reseller account.
    Budget would be $10 /mo max.

I don't know of too many Canadian providers but here's a few options:
    1. synhosting.com -- uses cpanel, meets the requirements
    2. prioritycolo.com -- doesn't use cpanel (iirc) and exceeds your budget a tad but it's an option!

Note that not all providers actually have their systems in Canada so be sure to ask.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Are you looking for a Canadian company who has offerings in Canada or just a company that is based in Canada? That can make a big difference in your options.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Are you looking for a Canadian company who has offerings in Canada or just a company that is based in Canada? That can make a big difference in your options.
    Doesn't matter either way

There are lots of options out there, and what you're looking for doesn't have to be anywhere near $10.
    Mike
    HostMaxPro Web Hosting - High-Quality, low prices, no overselling. Go MaxPro.

There are a bunch of big companies that offer Over-Sold hosting for under $10.

(It is overselling when they say 6000GB of transfer allowed per month, that is roughly a 20Mbit Connection dedicated to you).

As for smaller companies there aren't many that don't purchase reselling.

Try looking in the offers section.

Good Luck

Most large hosts oversell as a matter of course these days, and I steer clear of them personally. Most tend to limit you if you get anywhere in the vicinity of their posted limit anyway, so why not get one where you can use all you pay for.

Phynom: Yep, most small ones use resellers, a trap I fell for my first time around, and made sure NOT to this time.
    Mike
    HostMaxPro Web Hosting - High-Quality, low prices, no overselling. Go MaxPro.

Quote Originally Posted by hostmaxpro View Post
    Phynom: Yep, most small ones use resellers, a trap I fell for my first time around, and made sure NOT to this time.
    It is hard to find small businesses that are actually businesses
    IMHO, I think there should some sort of union for web hosts (If there isn't one already). That would solve these problems
    P.S. Not to mention that the majority of the companies using reseller plans aren't even listed as businesses.

Actually you can ask for what state your host is registered to do business and look them up for free to see if its actually a legitimate business recognized by the state.

For the OP, what exactly will your site be hosting? The only issue you might have in shared environment isn't really the bandwidth but rather how much resources you use.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

Hello tweakerxp,

for Canadian companies, look at people like Bluefur and digitallyjustified....

Quote Originally Posted by ephasenetworks View Post
    For the OP, what exactly will your site be hosting? The only issue you might have in shared environment isn't really the bandwidth but rather how much resources you use.
    I'm just hosting a simple HTML website, but for my business I need to host a vtiger CRM database as well as some other smaller PHP and MySLQ databases.

Quote Originally Posted by tweakerxp View Post
    I'm just hosting a simple HTML website, but for my business I need to host a vtiger CRM database as well as some other smaller PHP and MySLQ databases.
    If the site isn't very resource intensive where its robbing performance from other people on the shared account, I don't see why you would have any issues.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com