Greetings fellas,
I have 10 domains that I maintain on a "Unilimited Developer Unix" account with HostDepartment.com. I've been a customer of theirs for several years now. I made a website over the weekend for my gaming guild, templumonline. dot com.. and I migrated the SMF/TinyPortal forums from Ejeet to HostDepartment. The forums have performed horribly.. numerous timeouts... lost database connections... and horrendous load times 15 seconds to 60 seconds. I think anything under 10 seconds would have been tolerable... but its really lethargic on Host Department.

So, with that said, I'm looking for a quality, reliable host with enough of a throughput to allow PHPBB or SMF pages to load in under 10 seconds... the quicker the better, of course. I think with all the sites combined, the most bandwidth used in a month is 6 - 7GB.... I set the limit to 12GB at Host Department and we've never been notified of an overage... or for approaching the limit. The sites utilize about 5 MySQL servers... and I would prefer to have PHP5, since some of my custom PHP components were built to that standard.

Thanks for your time and I appreciate having this forum to get unbiased reviews.