Windows or Linux VPS?

I am new to these hosting stuff and would like to ask if there are any significant differences between windows and linux vps. My websites are mostly php, and some databases only.

Thanks

Linux is far more common for hosting. What type of databases? If you have Ms Sql databases, then Windows. Otherwise, if you have the more commonly used MySQL, Linux is a perfect fit.

Either way, php + mysql will work on a Windows server as well if you want to go that route.

Linux VPS hosting is a much more popular model with hundreds of hosting options available to you.
    BestVPSReviews.com - KnownHost VPS? Liquid Web VPS? See my personal experience with these hosts.
    Best Web Hosting - The Best Web Hosting Deals and News

With windows you'll be able to remotely connect to your server, where as linux it's more like ssh, I suggest getting a cpanel with your order whichever it is you decide.

I would like to correct Bonken.

Linux has both choices, one can install Ubuntu Desktop and use VNC to access linux remotely or ssh as told.

^^ Yep, either way i'd suggest him to get cpanel before hand if he doesn't want trouble.