Shared hosting and reseller hosting

I would like to know the different between the shared hosting and reseller hosting?

Thanks alot!!
    Rafiq

Quote Originally Posted by rafiqelmansy View Post
    I would like to know the different between the shared hosting and reseller hosting?

Thanks alot!!
    Rafiq
    Shared Hosting is where multiple customers are all on one server. Some hosts, depending on the size and performance of their servers, have hundreds of customers with hundreds of domains on a single server.

Reseller Hosting allows you as the host customer to turn around and resell the space and bandwidth you've purchased.

Short and simple

Shared hosting gives you generally one account.
    Reseller hosting gives you the ability to create other accounts so to essentially sell other accounts but it can also be used for other sites. Most reseller accounts also include extra features so in cPanel you can edit dns zones for example.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

I was asking because I own 3-4 sites and want to kno why should I take a reseller for them while I can take a shared host, can you advice me what is the best choice?

Well if you're going with a cPanel host then you need to keep in mind the sites are not actually separated in a shared account. With a reseller account each cPanel account made is like one shared account. So that means they do not share anything and could not affect each other in anyway while under shared they could.

So I guess it comes down to if you need complete separate and in most cases you do not.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

I was asking because I own 3-4 sites and want to kno why should I take a reseller for them while I can take a shared host, can you advice me what is the best choice?
    If all they are your sites, don't need to separate them. Sign up a shared hosting account with addon domain features, then you can control all at one control panel.

If that is the case, why do you need to go for reseller? shared is enough for you.
    Most host offers add-on domains, where you can have those domains in an account.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

The difference between shared hosting and reseller hosting is basically that with reseller hosting you can create a seperate Cpanel account for each of your websites.

Seeing that you are hosting only 3~4 websites I would suggest that you go for the shared hosting.