Post Host with Max Concurrent SQL Connections

Iam currently on godaddy on shared hosting but my site with php and mysql is very slow on queries and get a lot of timeouts
    So far i have contacted the below providers and asked them how many concurrent connections on mysql database they support

hostgator - 25 connections
    powweb - 20 connections
    hostmonster - 30 connections
    Servage - 20 connections
    anhosting - 50 connections

How is most reliable and i can count on ? I want to tranfer my domain.
    Thanks

I think that you need to take that easy: understand how many you need and chose web hosting provider which will be able to offer you such.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Iam currently on godaddy on shared hosting but my site with php and mysql is very slow on queries and get a lot of timeouts
    Are you sure this is due to the maximum connections limitation? The slowness would rather point to an overloaded server, which would then also be prone to timeouts.

The maximum connections are not a guarantee of anything really. Your CPU usage could be too high regardless of the number of connections you're using, and could get you into trouble. Generally, when it comes to computing capabilities, your expectations should be in line with your budget. You pay $10 per month, expect to share the server with some 200 accounts, and possibly quite a bit more.

I want to tranfer my domain.
    You can keep your domain with Godaddy and just change hosts. It's probably the wiser thing to do, as you'd not have all your eggs in one basket then.

I usually suggest potential clients to register the accounts on their own when picking a host. you just never know when some might disappear.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

thanks
    i'll keep my domain with godaddy but i must change hosts.
    i was looking at glitterhost and floppynet.co.uk
    anyone can help ?

Did your application create issues on your current host's server and you thought of a new host or you are moving specifically because the other hosts provide more sql connections?
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

i would prefer a europe hosting cause godaddy hosting is slow

If you were reaching max connections, you would get an error message most of the time. It sounds like you need to tune up the database queries. They probably are taking too long.
    PHP Link Directory Script
    Easy Profitable 1000s of Sites us phpLD
    Hosts We Recommend for Users of Our Software

Unless you're getting max connections error from MySQL, than that isn't your problem and shouldn't concern you. If your site is slow, it's can be that the servers are overloaded and/or you need to optimize your code because either it's not efficient, or your site is getting popular.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

your script might be doing heavy queries or the server is overloaded which is resulting in slowness. If you have maxed out mysql connections then you would have got the error messages instead of timeout.
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

If your main concern is the speed, why are you searching for ridiculous large packages? are you aware that most of the time you paid that with speed, reliability and uptime?.
    I suggest to search for a host fitting your needs (don't get a package offering 400 GB of space if you use only 2 GB), and then research about them here using the search function.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Hello

Try --> http://www.3rdrockhosting.com/

I have been with them for my site (moviegalaxy.org) and I have from 40-60 visitors online in my Wordpress Blog and sometimes over 100 and it loaded fast but I had to move to offshore because of Warez-Linking. Uptime is great and Support too.

i've read about rapidvps and it seems to be the best choice
    anyone knows if it has good speed in europe ?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kduke View Post
    So far i have contacted the below providers and asked them how many concurrent connections on mysql database they support

hostgator - 25 connections
    powweb - 20 connections
    hostmonster - 30 connections
    Servage - 20 connections
    anhosting - 50 connections

How is most reliable and i can count on ? I want to tranfer my domain.
    Thanks
    It is good that you ask hosting company before taking decision where to go.
    I have learn in past that it is always better to build static websites than dynamic (thus not MySql extensive if it is possible) because of static sites are more SEO friendly websites and it is always better if you would like to stay for a long time on shared hosting. If you have static site then usually you do not need to be scared that your sites once it grow above 100.000 - 130.000 unique monthly will make any trouble to the server.

However limiting of connection on shared hosting tell for me personally a lot about power of hosting company and possible overselling.
    With dynamic MySql website where limiting is very low (20) you can start to except trouble with 50.000 - 70.000 unique monthly and probably with lower number of visitors.
    But you may know that hosting with 50 or more concurrent connections will give you 2x times more visitors without any error.
    Generally i look probably somewhere else when i see that MySQL concurrent connections is set too low (under 25 because 25 is usually standard on 70% of hosting companies).
    Right now i'm very happy with downtownhost that have set 50 limit what tell a lot about power of their server and company self.
    But i would like also to add that RIP sister from Defenderhosting.com Power360Hosting. com did excellent job as hosting company and their limit was set to 0. Thus not any limit.

Quote Originally Posted by kduke View Post
    What kind of script are you using? Your own script or ...? Have you optimized it yet? Just for reference, we allow 50 connections, and find it's more than enough for most accounts, even with vBulletin forums with around 150 members online at the same time