help me find a colo please

Hi guys I'm looking for a colo... I'd like an extremely fast connection, a lot of bandwidth, near 100% uptime, some sort of backup service. I would prefer somewhere in the northeast due to shipping, but could do anywhere really.

Also this is my first time doing colo - do I setup the server and then just ship it to the host?

Do they configure all of the settings on it?

Thanks for your help.

I know Switch and Data have a few locations in New York, you should contact them and see if they can do something for you. I'm not sure if they will also manage it for you though.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

The management is not as important as speed, reliability and price

I'm also open to dedicated as long as the price is the same (around 100/mo)

5. Most of the colo hosting should also offer managed services.

Quote Originally Posted by ilyash View Post
    Hi guys I'm looking for a colo... I'd like an extremely fast connection, a lot of bandwidth, near 100% uptime, some sort of backup service. I would prefer somewhere in the northeast due to shipping, but could do anywhere really.

Also this is my first time doing colo - do I setup the server and then just ship it to the host?

Do they configure all of the settings on it?

Thanks for your help.

Hi ilyash! I wrote up a review on my current colo host last week. They are in New York and they are a managed colo setup. Try getting in touch with Andy or Rob over at www.thenynoc.com. here is my review on them I did in case you want to check it out.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=687055

The easiest way to do it would be to setup the server first before you send it to them. This way all they have to do is configure the ip address.