* ResellerZoom lets me down.

I never thought I'd be the one writing a negative review but I am so appalled that I need to vent.

Well the story begins as follows. One of my sites suddenly gets popular and blows thru the alloted 60Gb of bandwidth in a couple of days. Without any notice, my account gets disabled at 8 AM without any notice. By 11 AM I catch the issue and open a ticket immediately. I get no response until about 4 PM at which point I go to the technical support chat. There I get told that the technical support chat is only for Advanced users. I freak out a little bit and finally convince the guy to set my ticket to high priority. At 8:14 PM I get a response and request that my account is upgraded to their Advanced One plan. Not getting any response for hours. At 10:20 PM I hit up the technical chat again. The transcript of the chat is here:

http://angrymonger.com/blog/resellerzoom

Then I tried logging into the billing management panel in hopes that I can find a way to upgrade my account there. Well my password doesn't work. I requested a lost one, the one that arrived also doesn't work. I opened another trouble ticket regarding this issue but I am not holding my breath.

One could say that some mistakes were made on my part. Like I didn't watch my bandwidth but am I asking too much for a thing like an email notification saying that my site is disabled? Is expecting a capable technical support too much?
    Last edited by ScriptHead; 04-22-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Doesn't sound good I must say, To suspend someone's account without even any proper contact is quite unreasonable.

I'd suggest checking any spam folders for the passwords and/or emails from them and if you find none try calling them ?

Either that or hopefully they will see this and sort things out.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

You aren't the only one who doesn't log in every few days to look at bandwidth stats! Only thing though, if you setup your accounts to send emails on bandwidth overusage (90% critical), you would have gotten an email beforehand and been able to take action.

They should have emailed you though. Is it possible it got spammed/trashed?

I don't like the fact you had to wait 9 hours for the first real response. Uck.
    BestVPSReviews.com - KnownHost VPS? Liquid Web VPS? See my personal experience with these hosts.
    Best Web Hosting - The Best Web Hosting Deals and News

I have a separate filter for ResellerZoom in my email (hosted by Gmail), none of it ever goes to spam but to be sure I just checked the spam folder and no, there was no communication from ResellerZoom prior to my sites being shut off.
    Last edited by ScriptHead; 04-22-2008 at 11:08 PM.

Just got a response to my ticket about my inability to log into the billing panel, one hour later. As expected the response is totally useless, see blow.

At this point it's pretty safe to conclude that RZ is just creating an illusion of good support. Real support is available only 9-5 CET.

--- snip ---
    I'm escalating your query to our Customer Service department and they will get back to you soon.

Regards,
    Shariq Basheer
    Technical Support
    Hosting Zoom, Inc.

Just follow the procedure and you will get your plan upgraded.
    60GBs in a couple of days would be a few hundred Gbs in a month.
    That's definitely not suitable for basic plan (multiple low traffic websites)
    When your website is causing trouble on the server, server admin will take action before sending notification email or not send at all.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    Just follow the procedure and you will get your plan upgraded.
    60GBs in a couple of days would be a few hundred Gbs in a month.
    That's definitely not suitable for basic plan (multiple low traffic websites)
    When your website is causing trouble on the server, server admin will take action before sending notification email or not send at all.
    See if they said that technical support is only provided from 9-5 with tremendous delay I'd probably stay on Dreamhost where I came from. That would have been honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ScriptHead View Post
    See if they said that technical support is only provided from 9-5 with tremendous delay I'd probably stay on Dreamhost where I came from. That would have been honest.
    Technical support is 24 Hours a day but other departments like Billing and Customer Services are not.

http://resellerzoom.com/contact.php

And I think that it goes for most hosting companies that Billing and Customer Services are not available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

And I think that it goes for most hosting companies that Billing and Customer Services are not available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
    Yeh this is true with some hosting companies, but as you mentioned Billing will not run 24/7 but some Customer Service queries should be able to be dealt with by the 24/7 Support if it is offered by the hosting company.

********, In my mind Tech support should upgrade your plan thats there job.

Customer service should deal with billing and counsilations, tech support should deal with account issues like upgrade account etc... customer service should deal with address changes and names etc for accounts.
    The Friendly,Personal Service Hosting Company
    Offering Pure SSD Hosting Services, Infrastructure built for Reliability and Speed
    https://www.packet3hosting.com

You should receive notifications even before your bandwidth reaches its limit.
    If they did not send that, I think they are wrong also.

Besides, suspending a site without notifying the owner is not the way. They should at least send you an email stating that your site is suspended, etc.. after they've take the site down...
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

High usage is a problem, my 2 cents worth:

You should have set up a warning at 90% for youself and the end user.

I can understand RZ suspending the account to 'protect others', but they must tell you they have done it.

Support[tech. sales or admin.] should have sorted you out straight away, then billed you.

This is not an entirely unique situation. Sadly, sales/billing issues are rarely considered of top priority, although some situations would call for that. Tech support probably doesn't have the access to help even if they wanted to, so the only valid option is to wait. In all, it's a bad set of circumstances, with an unpleasant result, but I'm not sure it's enough to irrevocably put a host in the "bad" category.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra-internet View Post
    ********, In my mind Tech support should upgrade your plan thats there job.
    I disagree: account upgrades are not a Technical issue but of Customer Support.

I do think that in those circumstances that an account is automatically suspended for going over its limits that Technical Support should be able to temporarily unsuspend an account until Customer Support has been able to look at the issue.

ScriptHead,
    Two weeks ago, I got an (automated) message that one of my accounts had reached 90% of its assigned bandwidth. And I also get these messages when a mailbox is full. You should check in WHM under "List Accounts" if your emailaddress is listed there, that has always worked fine for me.