Thread: NOC software

Hello all

As said before, we already started doing this a couple weeks ago.

You can see some very early snapshots of this development. I repeat, very early, it's not even a draft!

As soon as we get an usable version, I will release here.

As a side note, this is becoming a full ERP system for hosting businesses, I will keep posting about. No timeframes for now, no exact list of features, etc, etc.

I intend to develop this based on our needs (same as most HSPs needs have) and users suggestions, so when it's any usable, i will start asking for feedback.

Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Admin de Data Center.JPG   Admin Estado de los Recursos.JPG   Dibujo1.JPG   Edita Data Center1.JPG   Edita Data Center2.JPG  

Pablo Povarchik - FuturaHost.Com
    E: [email protected] - P:+39 0461 592710 - F:+39 0461 592056 - W:http://futurahost.com
    Dedicated servers and colocation - all around the world

Well to start off with the suggestions, something in English would be nice

This is some information about our own internal made application. Complete with screenshots from the development version (not the production version) , database schedule and development data. Use it if you like for your own project(s).

If you like to receive the database schedule of this program, please contact us and we will provide it to you. (it was bigger then 200KB so i could not upload it here due some restrictions)

We are already working on version 2 with much more features, more graphical visualisations and racks can be easy configured or reconfigured dragging and dropping equiptment in the rackposition from the equiptment list.

Also the system checks for possible hotspots buildups, power consumption and cooling capacity needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails compartment_update_performed.png   device_create_form.png   rack_edit_with_restrictions.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by swiftnoc; 03-15-2008 at 09:09 AM.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7

Due to the upload limit of 5 files, here some more screenshots in another post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rack_view.png   suites_listing_active_menu.png   suiteview_with_racks.png  
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh-rao View Post
    Well to start off with the suggestions, something in English would be nice
    We have English, Spanish and Italian. Translators welcome!
    E: [email protected] - P:+39 0461 592710 - F:+39 0461 592056 - W:http://futurahost.com

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    This is some information about our own internal made application. Complete with screenshots from the development version (not the production version) , database schedule and development data. Use it if you like for your own project(s).

If you like to receive the database schedule of this program, please contact us and we will provide it to you. (it was bigger then 200KB so i could not upload it here due some restrictions)

We are already working on version 2 with much more features, more graphical visualisations and racks can be easy configured or reconfigured dragging and dropping equiptment in the rackposition from the equiptment list.

Also the system checks for possible hotspots buildups, power consumption and cooling capacity needed.
    Like it a lot. Will take some ideas from yours.

Thanks

http://marcos.futurahost.com/inventory/es/home.php

Very early not even alpha release. Is only for interface layout test and we are hardly modifying it.

Quote Originally Posted by futurahost View Post
    http://marcos.futurahost.com/inventory/es/home.php

Very early not even alpha release. Is only for interface layout test and we are hardly modifying it.
    Now just write it in English

Quote Originally Posted by utcrazy View Post
    Now just write it in English
    As said before, we will release languages when we have a first release

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by futurahost View Post
    Hello all

As said before, we already started doing this a couple weeks ago.

You can see some very early snapshots of this development. I repeat, very early, it's not even a draft!

As soon as we get an usable version, I will release here.

As a side note, this is becoming a full ERP system for hosting businesses, I will keep posting about. No timeframes for now, no exact list of features, etc, etc.

I intend to develop this based on our needs (same as most HSPs needs have) and users suggestions, so when it's any usable, i will start asking for feedback.

Regards
    Sent you a PM.

Been reading this thread with interest -- we're in a bit of a different situation than most, having evolved from a traditional Dial-Up/DSL ISP to a Hosting/Co-lo provider. We've used several packages over the years, ranging from Emerald from IEA Software, OptiGold ISP (for which I wrote a fairly popular web-interface called OptiSkin ), and Platypus (now owned by TUCOWS). However, while some of these are decent billing engines, none could keep up with the other operational needs of our business.

Like others, we've chosen the road of rolling our own system. Right now, it is still in the development process, but if there is enough interest, we may look at making it a "product" as we've kept it pretty generic.

The functionality is 99% done for Phase 1, of which the details are as follows (taken from our original RFQ to the developers):

• Application coded in PHP 5.x using the Smarty template engine. Must run on both Windows and UNIX platforms under Apache or IIS.
    • PHP application will use the ADOdb database abstraction library for all SQL database calls allowing for different back-end database systems to be utilized as desired (e.g. MySQL, MS-SQL)
    • Complete DNS zonefile management allowing end-user management of DNS zones/entries (full delegation/group support, push changes via SSH or FTP)
    • Full IP address allocation and management with the ability to provision switch and router interfaces (Telnet/SSH)
    • Interface to remote power controllers (e.g. BayTech, APC) via Telnet or SSH to allow end-user management of power outlets (power on/off) in Co-location cabinets
    • Complete asset management system allowing for tracking of hardware information (e.g. servers, routers, switches, racks, etc) for inventory purposes
    • Telecom circuit inventory system to allow tracking of circuit IDs and other information for T-1, DS-3, PRI, and other types of circuits typically found in an ISP environment
    • All applications will share a common Authentication / Customer database to avoid duplication of information where applicable

One of the coolest aspects of the system is the provisioning piece, which is a rule-based type system making it very flexible. Basically, you define steps in the provisioning process and then assign a script to the step (using a flexible send/expect type syntax, with full variable support from the underlying app). You can define as many steps as you want, and use just about any protocol (HTTP, HTTPS, Command Line, Telnet, SSH, etc).

While the system will probably never do actual billing functions, we designed the system to push/pull data from a billing engine/app (pretty much anything that can insert data into a SQL database). We'll probably do something similar with monitoring -- allowing integration with WhatsUp Gold, Orion, OpManager, and others that have SQL back-ends.

--Mike

I would be interested in product if you were to release it. Keep me up to date on your plans.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation

We have created our own NOC systems. Which include:
    - Default website e.g: noc.companyname.extension
    - Overview of all servers included: ping, load, uptime and last checked time.
    - When a service fails, our engineers will be contacted by SMS and also per E-mail.
    - The default website will be updated for our customers (Explanation with what is the main problem).
    Sorcer Internet Services - Sales(@)sorcer.nl

Quality Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Shared & Reseller Webhosting and managed services!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcer View Post
    We have created our own NOC systems. Which include:
    - Default website e.g: noc.companyname.extension
    - Overview of all servers included: ping, load, uptime and last checked time.
    - When a service fails, our engineers will be contacted by SMS and also per E-mail.
    - The default website will be updated for our customers (Explanation with what is the main problem).
    But all of us are looking at something more.

"Asset management & tracker", if I may I put it. Specifically designed for hosting service providers.

Hi

Ours finally is becoming a full HSP ERP system (hsperp.com will be reflecting changes and updates, in the near future)

In the meantime, i truly believe you all will be interested in http://racktables.org
    Last edited by futurahost; 04-01-2008 at 02:46 PM.

I am waiting for yours to be released before I jump to another system.

I just hope that you don't have a pricing structure like Ubersmith... Ridiculous pricing

kinda on topic / off topic

anyone play with openqrm here?
    Typo3USA - Typo3 USA Template, Extension Development and Hosting.

PhilaNetworks.com - DataCenter Management, Hosting & Remote Hands across the Delaware Valley.

We got our first instance of Ubersmith DE setup and it's looking pretty promising so far.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by hostmedic View Post
    kinda on topic / off topic

anyone play with openqrm here?
    That is what I would like to know too

Don't see any testimonials about this solution. Perhaps the only way is to start screwing around on a few spare boxes

You might want to read this http://partners.netapp.com/go/techon.../NC_state.html
    Last edited by Host3000; 04-21-2008 at 07:02 AM.
    SuperRacks Ltd European Hosting
    We serve you with custom services
    Visit our website or ask for a custom quote
    Quality linux and Windows hosting, servers and collocation

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh-rao View Post
    I am waiting for yours to be released before I jump to another system.

I just hope that you don't have a pricing structure like Ubersmith... Ridiculous pricing
    I wont "price" it. We will probably have some "price" for the full ERP system, as it is going to take around 2 men/year of work/code. But even in that case it will be only a "contribution" price.

Regards

I've thought it for awhile now, just haven't _really_ thought about it.. what interest would there be in an open-source project?

Quote Originally Posted by NexSeven View Post
    I've thought it for awhile now, just haven't _really_ thought about it.. what interest would there be in an open-source project?
    Yours is a fine question. Hosting companies take big profits from Open licenses (GPL, Free Software, etc) but only a very few return "something" to the communities.

If I would create a service or software exclusively for HSPs, I wouldn't do this as GPL (or free as price).

We are an HSP, so please HSPs out there don't feel offended

Regards

We get the point.

But if it is going cost something like Ubersmith DE, where would the start up / medium sized companies go to? For example like myself. I do not own 500+ servers. Infact, I will be reaching 100 servers in 3+ months time.

You can probably have a set of pricing for different needs and so on. Just my view... you can do whatever you want with it. Its your software.