Thread: CSF

CSF

Been running CSF and very happy with. Just wondering if anyone periodically has to restart CSF because it is blocking something it shouldn't? For example, I have port 5151 open in csf.conf, suddenly (at random) the port will be blocked. I restart CSF and everything is fine. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I've actually seen it the odd time block a port out of nowhere that shouldn't be blocked. I also have not seen it happen on every machine so I'm not sure what to make of it.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Occasionally, it will block ip's you think it shouldn't. Remember, there's more than the allow and deny files that are parsed for rules, and the software blocks and clears blocks every so often.

Occasionally, I'm sure it'll screw that up, it's just a piece of software after all
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

I have never seen CSF randomly start blocking a _port_. I have definitely (as was suggested earlier) seen it block an IP I did not want blocked. Other possible factors are Mod_Security and Suhosin, any or all of which may add to the triggers for which CSF becomes activated.
    https://ServersAndHosting.com
    Dedicated Servers | Guaranteed Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Occasionally, I'm sure it'll screw that up, it's just a piece of software after all
    Yeah...I can respect that. Nothing is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by domainworldaccess View Post
    I have never seen CSF randomly start blocking a _port_. I have definitely (as was suggested earlier) seen it block an IP I did not want blocked. Other possible factors are Mod_Security and Suhosin, any or all of which may add to the triggers for which CSF becomes activated.
    Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately neither Mod_Security nor Suhosin is installed.

I appreciate the responses. I was just wondering if others had experienced this issue or not! Thanks everyone!