Xen Providers - Gate2VN, ProVPS etc.

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a Xen provider. My requirements are not that high:

Budget: $50

10+ GB Disc space
    150+ GB Bandwidth
    256+ MB RAM / 512 MB Swap
    CP: DirectAdmin / cPanel

I have a look on Gate2VN. Anyone who have any experience with this provider? What about wiredhawk? I want it Managed or just a "ready to run" server.

- WiredHawk!

BTW: I'm placed in Denmark.

Do you have a preference between DirectAdmin and cPanel, and the location of the VM?

I don't have any preference between DA or cPanel. I just like the simply DA, it's lightweight. As geographical placement doesn't concerns me, I would prefer somewhere in Europe, but US, Australia or just as long as pingtime isn't too much

- WiredHawk!

wirehawk,

Go with www.slicehost.com and buy your own DA license.

Quote Originally Posted by RossH View Post
    wirehawk,

Go with www.slicehost.com and buy your own DA license.
    Your unlikely to get as good deal if you buy your own license as providers have access to discounted DA licenses for VPS.

If you buy your own your most likely going to end up paying the full dedicated price for one.
    -- Adam

Wirehawk,

we don't have any experience with ProVPS so far. But I can said Gate2VN will a good choice for you

We currently have three servers fully managed with Gate2VN. Tickets answer promptly. At their normal business hours, I used to get response within 5 mins and most problems resolved within 15- 20 mins later on. After normal business hours, a little longer time but still ok with me I would rate them 9/10
    Last edited by sgth; 04-22-2008 at 08:45 PM.

Do you mind if I ask, why only a Xen provider? I'm always interested in what might be a draw with respective hypervisors
    Orion Internet Services Ltd.
    Genuinely affordable UK-Based VPS and Website Hosting
    Tel: +44 (0) 845 8621431 -- Email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Henri Cook View Post
    Do you mind if I ask, why only a Xen provider? I'm always interested in what might be a draw with respective hypervisors
    Well, something tells me that it's more stable than OpenVZ and Virtuozzo and other Virtulization Products. Well, I just like it. More like a "real dedicated" server

- WiredHawk!