Thumbs down Dedicatedbox.net: Stay Away from this Nighmare

I do not want to be a nuisance, but I find the service at dedicatedbox.net to be intolerable.

First, I placed an order for a dedicated server (Intel Core2Duo E6400) with the cPanel/WHM addon on April 8, 2008, and I paid for them upfront with PayPal. I have to chase after its support team before dedicatedbox.net finally had the server set up on April 13.

Diligently following the instructions that I gathered from the Support Center of cPanel and from my domain regristrar, I tried to set up a nameserver for my domain, but had no luck. At first, I blamed it on myself for not knowing now to configure cPanel/WHM, so on April 24, I paid an extra $15.00 USD for ‘initial cPanel setup’ addon service.

Subsequently, I had to send two emails to its Sales Department and two support tickets, requesting the DNS problem be fixed as soon as possible. Only on April 18 did Liroy reply, apologizing for the delay and promising to have my order carried out on that day. To my utmost dismay, when I checked back on cPanel/WHM today, nothing had been done.

Under ‘Basic cPanel/WHM Setup’ in cPanel, I noticed this error message:

“Warning: Setting ADDR value to an IP not associated with this server is not advised.
    System has 2 free ips.”
    And ‘Show IP Address Usage’ revealed that the two extra IPs that I had been provided with remained in idle.

This has led me to believe that all this mess, which I am currently stuck in, is actually a result of dedicatedbox.net giving out to me the wrong set of extra IPs.

It has now been 14 days since I first order my dedicated server, which remains quite useless to me. Yet this hosting company will be billing me again on May 9, 2008. How very unfair!

I have tried to believe that Liroy will eventually have everything sorted out, but unfornately, he has not even replied to emails ([email protected]) or to 'open' support tickets for almost two days. There is a limit to my tolerance.

Hi,

I dont understand the problem,
    we have setup your DNS Server, assigned IP's to them, tweaked your security, your settings, monitoring and all that kind of stuff, pretty much everything the initial setup for cpanel contains, so you should be ready to go...

Do note that software related problems are not covered by support on a dedicated server.

Sincerely,
    - Liroy
    DedicatedBox Dedicated Servers
    http://www.dedicatedbox.us

Powered by CoreISP.net Corporation

No, Liroy, I have been closely monitoring the DNS settings in WHM, and have not observed any changes made.

My domain is still pointing to an IP that routes to its registrar.

Even if you thought you had already fixed the problem, you did not bothered to let me know about it, not even when I repeatedly asked about the progress in emails and support tickets.

I have not installed any software on the server, so that is beside the point.

If you are willing to resolve this issue, I think we can continue with our discussion through emails.

The error means the ips are not assigned to your server properly via network.

Check the ip properly and the netmask.

Some people made a mistake also with ips. Check every dot carefully :-)
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by cn1069 View Post
    No, Liroy, I have been closely monitoring the DNS settings in WHM, and have not observed any changes made.

My domain is still pointing to an IP that routes to its registrar.

Even if you thought you had already fixed the problem, you did not bothered to let me know about it, not even when I repeatedly asked about the progress in emails and support tickets.

I have not installed any software on the server, so that is beside the point.

If you are willing to resolve this issue, I think we can continue with our discussion through emails.
    Well,
    if you didnt notice any change, then may i ask why you requested us and paid us to set it up for you since you then apparantly had already set it up yourself?

And your domain will keep pointing to whatever it points to untill you change DNS settings with your domain registrar...
    You will have to use their DNS servers or create your own nameservers based on the IP's your nameservers have been assigned.
    (You can see them under "Nameserver IP's" in WHM)

And it is actually to the point.
    cPanel/WHM is still software.
    Cpanel/WHM and anything related to it like mySQL, PHP or Apache errors are simply said not our problem, it is up to yourself to manage it.

We did the initial setup, except for the firewall which I do admit is still missing.
    For the rest, i dont see what we still have to do for you as you are talking about software problems that are not OS related but cPanel and/or it's modules related...

Feel free to open another support ticket though

Hope this explained it,
    Thank you.

Sincerely,
    - Liroy
    DedicatedBox Dedicated Servers
    http://www.dedicatedbox.us