Thread: Joomla hosting

Joomla hosting

Any recommendations for a joomla website hosting?
    Multiple domains one one account and such...
    Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, Joomla is installable via Fantastico, which is offered by most cPanel hosting companies. I've installed Joomla on many hosts and it works quite well. If you are going to be putting this on a shared server, I would recommend using either Hawk Host or HostGator. Both companies are reputable around WHT and I have had multiple domains with them. I was with Hawk Host for a month or two and I loved the service; I never had to request support because there was never any downtime. With HostGator, I rarely experienced any problems but when I did they fixed things pretty fast and were very effective in their live chats and support tickets.

You said nothing aboiut your budget or requirements for space and bandwith, so I presume all these are realistic.
    I host 2 sites (talonai.com & monetos.net) with Downtownhost.com, 1 site is Joomla and other - Typo3 based. They function normally, support is good (for details you may look at my review of DTH).

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Joomla is installable via Fantastico, which is offered by most cPanel hosting companies.
    That is correct, if a host is offering Fantastico (or even another auto-installer) you could install Joomla with just a few clicks.

But even if a hosting provider does not provide you with an auto-installer most hosts do offer the requirements you need to install Joomla.

Remember that with any application you install, you also need to keep it updated, one thing is certain, not keeping your site up to date will result in hacks, no matter if its Joomla or any other application.

There are also companies who offer services to keep your (joomla) sites up to date under certain conditions.

Good luck with finding the Joomla host for your needs.
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

What is your budget like?
    WHat about your requirements?
    Joomla hosting with multiple domains are the norm nowadays.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Fantastico uses mostly outdated software...

For example joomla 1.5.2 is out, does fantastico offer that?

Fantastico has the following Joomla versions available as of this post

Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Fantastico has the following Joomla versions available as of this post

My bad.

But isn't it better (safer) to upload manually all the files?

Quote Originally Posted by spel View Post
    My bad.

But isn't it better (safer) to upload manually all the files?
    If Fantastico is on top of things with releasing updates then uploading is no safer. So if you're one to update your script the second a new version comes out then uploading yourself makes sense. But if you're a person who realizes weeks later then Fantastico handling the install and updates is fine. Of course at any time even with Fantastico you can get away from it just by updating the script yourself.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

donotgowithoversellinghost.com don;t click because there is not website like this Just do not go wtih oversellers. There are plenty of good web hosts. I would choose a company which says what does it do for Joomla projects. Check whether any web host specializes in providing wide range of services and applications for Joomla.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Quote Originally Posted by jebach View Post
    Any recommendations for a joomla website hosting?
    Multiple domains one one account and such...
    Thanks
    Siteground or Rochenhost (Rochen actually host the Joomla.org site which is pretty good endorsement )