Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They didnt really hijack the account but all you can do really is change hosts
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brandon272 View Post
    Consider this a dead issue. I've moved the account to a different hosting company.
    Out of curiosity what host did you move the account to? If you already mentioned it I'm sorry for not catching it. I'm just curious

I do agree that the title is somewhat misleading as they never hijacked anything - they more of "held it hostage" but it looks like a communication issue more than anything.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.
      0 Not allowed!

Update on hostnine hijacking. Well....hostnine did provide a backup of sorts within a couple hours. But....they left out the MySQL database that had over 5400 pages of content. We now have to figure out how and if we can recreate it. My bad for not having daily backups. I accept that but for a "host" to unilaterally turn you off with no explanation and refuse access is just bad business. I understand that TOS probably does protect them every which way but that doesn't mean that it's right.

Alex Jankuv has been unprofessional, curt, rude and robotic in his replies to support tickets. He (and HostNine) don't care if they have my business or anyone else's. I guess for $7 a month, no one customer makes much difference one way or the other. I look at this entire episode as a blessing because it caused me to look at where my data is hosted as a mission critical issue and caused me to re-examine my backup practices. My main money making site wasn't with HostNine (thank God). I have since moved it to a dedicated server at a reputable host (unlike HostNine & Alex Jankuv) so I consider myself blessed. My main reason for posting is to warn others of this company's business practices. If you're hosting with HostNine look for an email about abuse from Alex Jankuv coming your way soon. I don't believe anyone is exempt.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dmishesq View Post
    Update on hostnine hijacking. Well....hostnine did provide a backup of sorts within a couple hours. But....they left out the MySQL database that had over 5400 pages of content. We now have to figure out how and if we can recreate it. My bad for not having daily backups. I accept that but for a "host" to unilaterally turn you off with no explanation and refuse access is just bad business. I understand that TOS probably does protect them every which way but that doesn't mean that it's right.

Alex Jankuv has been unprofessional, curt, rude and robotic in his replies to support tickets. He (and HostNine) don't care if they have my business or anyone else's. I guess for $7 a month, no one customer makes much difference one way or the other. I look at this entire episode as a blessing because it caused me to look at where my data is hosted as a mission critical issue and caused me to re-examine my backup practices. My main money making site wasn't with HostNine (thank God). I have since moved it to a dedicated server at a reputable host (unlike HostNine & Alex Jankuv) so I consider myself blessed. My main reason for posting is to warn others of this company's business practices. If you're hosting with HostNine look for an email about abuse from Alex Jankuv coming your way soon. I don't believe anyone is exempt.
    Okay let me say that the term hijack does not need to be used here. If you cause a server to crash and we're forced to suspend it we simply suspend it using cPanel's suspend function. Second, we do not terminate anything. This has nothing to do with daily backups as when we create a "backup" which should be called a "copy" of your account we simply run /scripts/pkgacct in shell and create a full copy of exactly as it is on our server. If there is an issue with the backup file you can contact us and if you're not happy with an employee you can contact a Manager as stated on the forums. Obviously you have an issue with one individual here not an entire company.

**EDIT**

I have reviewed your ticket and I do not see how Alex has been rude. He is trying to explain that we provided you a full backup which I personally created and provided to you. We would never alter a website to make it harder on you. Your site was simply causing our server to overload end of story. We provided a backup and you began to get frustrated and upset with our staff. Telling us we don't give a sh** and so on. At HostNine we care about each and every customer we host so that statement is completely out of line and uncalled for.

If you want another copy of the data I can certainly do that but posting on wht/twitter is not going to solve your issue.

Contacting a manager will.
    Last edited by Ben_G; 05-06-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    Ben Gabler
    Chairman & CEO, Rocket.net
    Web Hosting Industry Veteran (HostNine, Hostgator, GoDaddy, StackPath)
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12