Imhosted vs GNAX - users can't get to site

I have a site hosted with Imhosted.

6 days ago, three users, one from Denmark, one from the UK and one from California - all reported connectivity trouble. I asked for tracert's from all three.

Two of them fail at 209.51.131.250 ( the California and Denmark one ) and one fails at 209.51.131.234

Both are GNAX servers.

I contacted Imhosted - and for 6 days they have ducked, dived, denied, and given me totally inappropriate stock replies ( such as asking me to check my IP address - when the actual affected IP addresses have already been supplied numerous times). They tried to fob me off saying it was an ISP issue ( two continents, at exactly the same time - yeah, right )

Imhosted have SAID, on two occasions, that they've contacted GNAX to have them fix the issue. So far, the problem remains for all three users.

Fortunately, we have a dedicated server of our own already, and we will be moving to it in the next few weeks. But meanwhile - what the hell can I do to rattle some sense into Imhosted and/or GNAX to get these poor guys back onto the site?

I've had three years of hell with Imhosted. Useless support, dreadful performance, unusable email, PHP and SQL issues - all in all, a dreadful experience.

Doug

So, why did you stick around with them if you had such a bad experience? Also, remember that the problems could have been elsewhere, like bad routing on either Gnax's side or your users' side. Gnax should have been able to fix it though...
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

If itís that bad of an experience then I would of moved ages, ago I donít think itís as bad as the OP is trying to say it, because if that was the case anyone in their right mind would move right away thatís my take on it though, all people are different

Quote Originally Posted by cristibighea View Post
    So, why did you stick around with them if you had such a bad experience? Also, remember that the problems could have been elsewhere, like bad routing on either Gnax's side or your users' side. Gnax should have been able to fix it though...
    As I said, we're not sticking with them any more.

Three separate users, on different continents, all finding the site unavailable at the same time.... a user issue? When my site is the one and only site they can't get to? I find that exceptionally hard to believe.

Imhosted SAY they've contacted GNAX twice and that GNAX have made changes. But whatever it is they've done it's been fundamentally ineffective.

DocHost - want to see all the support emails? I can fwd them all on to you if you want, just to see that is is, exactly, as bad as I have described. I don't badmouth people for kicks. Why have we not moved before? Because it's a small forum with no technically minded admins, and we've just raised some cash to finally get something better. Better the devil you know etc.

That isnít necessary but I understand what you mean now Just from the post it sounded like it didnít actually sound like it, but Iím glad you are now moving on because if I had that bad of a service, I would of moved but Iím glad youíre moving on because that bad of service shouldnít have your custom, sounds like itís something on the main providers end though. GNAX but Iím not too sure so I wonít say for certain thanks for clarifying though

I am not aware of this issue at all - however if you will pm me your traceroutes I will be happy to have our network team look into it for you.

you can also open a ticket with us directly.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Well - 7 days after it started, and having been given IP's and tracerts three times.... two of the three people affected say it's working again - the third will probably still be in bed

Doug

Glad it's Working now
    Let us know if the third person can access it

Quote Originally Posted by djellison View Post
    Well - 7 days after it started, and having been given IP's and tracerts three times.... two of the three people affected say it's working again - the third will probably still be in bed

Doug
    This post was the first I had heard of your issue and I still have not recieved any informtion on it and no pms. I am glad its working for you - but we didn't do anything.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000