Thread: Advertising

Advertising

Any ideas on how to advertise your company? I use google ads and Bidvertiser...but I get 30,000 views with 10 clicks, if that.

Thanks,

Zac

If you've finished SEO, optimize your site for social sites.

have you ever heard pinging?
    What do you think about those strategy?

Man, I'm amazed some people haven't heard of bum marketing, viral marketing, social bookmarking and networking.

I have found best way is word of mouth, one way would be to say to clients if they can get a someone to sign up for your web hosting you will give them something free, like more space or bandwidth or something.

My business is new and I'm 17 and still got lots to learn yet, but i find getting experiance is the best thing!
    Louis M. | Host Surf UK
    UK VPS, Dedicated Servers, Cloud Servers
    Managed & Unmanaged | 24/7 Technical Support
    0 Day Cancellation & No Setup Fee

Quote Originally Posted by loubymar View Post
    I have found best way is word of mouth, one way would be to say to clients if they can get a someone to sign up for your web hosting you will give them something free, like more space or bandwidth or something.

My business is new and I'm 17 and still got lots to learn yet, but i find getting experiance is the best thing!
    You're on the right track mate. That is a really good way to make these people your core audiance. Building a group of loyal customers can help you propel your business. Soon or later these loyal customers will spread the buzz for sure.

ok ..i know of a web hosting company ..who actually did telemarketing ..and they were very successful ..
    SupportExpertz.com - the name says it all!
    Managed Cloud Servers
    Server Management and Monitoring
    24x7 outsourced customer support

I find word of mouth to be the best marketing strategy. People usually trust their friends and associates' recommendation as opposed to just a link thru some community based sites.

Setting up an affiliate program for your existing customers or anyone for that matter can also increase your incomin business.

i part agree with the recommendation of word-of-mouth. We are not living on the StoneAge, in which everything has to be communicated "closely"

Word-of-mouth ads certainly is used on today's marketing world, but the intended recipient is quite limited. We are living on the technology era, in which everything is done via telephone, web chat, internet, video broadcasting. You can reach million of peoples out there by putting your sites on the Internet, through Google ads

With all the current competition, online advertising can become very expensive these days. I agree, word-of-mouth works best for getting actual clients.

Quote Originally Posted by ElTino View Post
    Man, I'm amazed some people haven't heard of bum marketing, viral marketing, social bookmarking and networking.
    I can't say those work well for hosting, networking maybe but the others don't really reach into the target market.

Reliable hosting directories get better result if you're selling to the mass markets along with effective Google AdWords.

Of course, word of mouth is your best friend- encourage clients to refer clients to you, offer a bonus for doing so. Look into affiliate marketing. A few of the bigger hosts practically built their success based on that.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

I think that any web business should use all the marketing channels - from ppc to offline print, radio and Tv ads.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    I think that any web business should use all the marketing channels - from ppc to offline print, radio and Tv ads.
    I agree, advertising is not limited and is most cases should not be limited. All forms of advertising can be explored and with trail and error you'll find what works for you. Also keep in mind that your budget is crucial as you may be limited at times so explore your options and set a budget for each campaign.

goodluck -

Quote Originally Posted by kazila View Post
    With all the current competition, online advertising can become very expensive these days. I agree, word-of-mouth works best for getting actual clients.
    I've actually found that the best way to get off the ground is word of mouth and blanketing your local area. Heck, the first company I worked for in the ISP business grew to 8,000 strong with a yellow pages ad, and a healthy following of customers. We kept them happy, they gave us their friends.
    www.CanisHosting.com, Shared, Reseller, & VPS

Advertising needs to be targeted, so TV and radio ads may not be appropriate for most web hosting companies.
    [B]KYLE ARNETT | New York City, N.Y.

It all depends of your target customers. Our core customers are businesses in mainland China, and we advertise a lot through print ads, which also helps building our brand. We have done a successful SEO as well and spend 0$ in paid online ads
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more

I've had success marketing to my current clients and offering them an incentive to refer their friends.

Word of mouth has the advantage that, you usually don't have to convince potential clients too buy services from you; They come to you because they want to buy; they'll definitely trust their friend/fammily/associate etc who is using your services/products rather than an ad in Google or Banner from another website.

Telemarketing to your current install base with compelling up sell and cross sell offers works well. Telemarketing outside of your base, not so good.

Steve
    NewServers

open directory project

put your link in the open directory project at dmoz.org to gain some visibility