Roundcube Mail RPM install

hey everyone,

I'm just setting up my first server and first time dealing with whm/cpanel and wondering if someone could help me out.

I'm trying to install Roundcube mail for all clients on the server (quite a few have requested it). Now i'm running Fedora 7 and its got a Roundcubemail RPM listed. So through WHM I chose to install that RPM and it went through the process and said done etc.

Thing is its not showing up on the list of webmail clients when clients click on webmail section in Cpanel.

Oh yeah its WHM/CPanel Version 11

Any ideas what i've missed.

Cheers

P.S I looked online for install instructions but they really only appear to be for singular accounts etc not server wide

sorry about the link and no explication , on the step after you make adjustments in phpmyadmin it looks like it available to all domains on that port/roundcube/index.php if you are not getting the results you are looking for then try it over again fresh instead of through WHM
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033

The RPMs won't work, you need to install Roundcube into the WHM base directory, I've written a wiki page on the process here.

http://watters.ws/wiki/index.php/Roundcube_Email
    Linux/BSD Systems Administrator

I get this error :
    DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

yup i got the same error after running all of the commands
    Unable to connect to the database!
    Please contact your server-administrator.

Also, I checked and reset the mysql root password in whm just to mkae sure there was one set. I also checked and set the root privledges in the actual rouncube dbase just to make sure.

It seems like there is an issue actually connnecting to the database....any ideas???

btw good wiki black knight..thanks amte
    Last edited by jryan54; 04-21-2008 at 03:08 AM.

hey i got it working guys!!!

thanks heaps to everyone that helped out.

to 227b things to check.
    goto whm and check that a mysql password is actually set...there is an option under sql services.

then take a look at the db config file and make sure that the database entry reads EXACTLY what is provided by black knight.

I looked at it initially and just changed the password...so it was actually trying to connect to roundcubemail as the dbase rather than roundcube

BTW dont forget to remove the installer directory

cheers everyonw

it works now jryan54

cheers !

Moved To Technical & Security Issues.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Doesn't work for me - how can I remove Roundcube from my server?

Quote Originally Posted by 227b View Post
    I get this error :
    I noticed a couple errors in my wiki, those have been fixed so you should be able to pretty much copy and paste now.

grandad: What isn't working? Are you getting any errors? If you want to remove roundcube just delete the directory and drop the database, there's nothing to it.
    Linux/BSD Systems Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Blackknight View Post
    I noticed a couple errors in my wiki, those have been fixed so you should be able to pretty much copy and paste now.

grandad: What isn't working? Are you getting any errors? If you want to remove roundcube just delete the directory and drop the database, there's nothing to it.
    I was getting 'database connection error' but I tried it again whilst waiting to find out how to remove it and it worked!
    Maybe it was your wiki errors, maybe it was grandad's lack of concentration