looking for STABLE reseller solution

Hi

I'm looking for a STABLE (reseller) solution. I shall only host my own sites. I prefer if it is hosted in Canada or outside the US. They must allow adult related products to be sold.

Preferable size min 2 GB
    Transfer size min 30 GB

We workend with many hosting companies for 7 years. We moved to Hostdime lastly(they are an US based company). Our hundred and hundred domains hosted on their servers for about 2 years. Their services are good. They generally reply your questions within 30 minutes. The uptime of the servers more than 99.5%. They use 4-6 GB Ram and Dual Core AMD Opteron on all of their servers. They get backup weekly and daily. Their prices are affordable and their products provide a lot of free useful tools(Site Builder, Billing Software, Fantastico, RVSkin... etc). If your budget is low and you don't need phone support when look at Surpasshosting(they are a member of Hostdime and the services are very similar).
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

I gues your looking outside of US for legal reasons[adult stuff] ?

The adult products is completely legal.

Why do you have to search Canada or outside US?

Hostgator supports reseller and allows adult content....
    My personal site - Dewi Natalia Wihardja
    Follow me at twitter ~ Dewi Wihardja

Most companies will allow adult content to be sold on there servers you may want to look in the Related offers and requests part of the forum see what you can find there.

Yes, most US hosting companies already allow to host legal adult content. You don't need look for a provider outside US for this(if the reason is that).
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Well any idea about who offer a STABLE solution? I have tried 2 other companies which I'm not that satisfied with.

What's your budget, Xana?
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

xana,

There are many hosts offering this as said above, check the offer section or the find a host on top of this page, and you are able some, always check some reviews of the company you think fits your needs.

can you share with us what where your issues with the previous reseller hosts ?
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

My budget is about $20. I often look in the offer section - but it is hard to tell how stable they are. The last 2 hosts have had a single downtime for more than 10 hours which I think is way to much.
    Last edited by pesnax; 04-21-2008 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Layout

Hello Xana,

With your budget you should be able to find some, i think you had real bad luck with your previous hosts if they both had downtimes for over 10 hours, hope you will find a better one this time.
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Quote Originally Posted by Xana View Post
    My budget is about $20. I often look in the offer section - but it is hard to tell how stable they are. The last 2 hosts have had a single downtime for more than 10 hours which I think is way to much.
    Definitely a reasonable budget given your requirements.

Agreed, it is basically impossible to judge company stability just based on the ads in the offers section, and you, as a reseller, have clients who will point the finger at YOU if services are unavailable. So, it is an important consideration.

Here's some ideas that may help you while looking at potential hosts:

• Can you reach them by phone 24/7? While phone support might not be an important thing to you, it would be nice to know you can get a hold of live person immediately if you need to.
    • Do they have live help on their site or alternative messengers for quick tech help? If so, give it a try before buying so you can judge what it would be like if you were a customer.
    • Most companies have a contact page, so try it out and see if your inquiry is quickly followed up or left hanging.
    • How long have they been in business? While inconclusive, it is not a bad idea to do a "whois" and garner a bit of info that way, too.
    • Uptime should be verifiable, as should any site seals and certifications. Make sure that the server you will be occupying has monitoring enabled, preferably by a third-party service.
    • Is there a full money-back guarantee?
    • Read their TOS. It is paramount that you can easily find and examine their legal documents.
    • In which data center(s) are they located, and which networks do they employ? This can tell you a lot about what kind of stability you'll get.

Those are a few things that should help you shop around, and I'm sure others following this thread will post more tips for finding a good, stable host.

Best of luck in your search!

Rick
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting