Exclamation transaction authorization form

If you require your clients to sign an authorization form to charge their paypal or cc, may I see a sample of your form?

Certainly. I will send it to you in a Private Message.
    Shawn Bray
    Pinellas Hosting - www.pinellashosting.com
    Dedicated Servers | Collocation | Webhosting | Data Backup | Domain Registration

Quote Originally Posted by sbray View Post
    Certainly. I will send it to you in a Private Message.
    Hello,

Would you be able to send me a sample as well?

Thank you sbary for sending it to me.
    anyone else can send me another sample too that I can see more of it?

How does paypal then handle it if the client charges back on you. I had one a while back that did the old chestnut "unauthroised transaction" with paypal...and paypal then sent me to an online form that required some details about the shipping etc. Obviously as this was a service delivery I clicked "other" end entered in all the relevent details.

About 2 days later I recevied another paypal email asking me to recomplete that online form...so went back to it and guess what....the other button is gone and you MUST submit postal tracking for it.

Kind of crazy if its a service item...paypal basically said tough luck and that was it...guy scammed me for quite a bit.

So I wonder...how does the auth form cover you when that eventuality arises? Does paypal accept the faxes form etc? or do you send a debt agency after them...or charge them with fraud etc ??

Forget about PayPal as it is no longer well managed nor trusted. I believe paypal staff are cheating users with the name of security, just as I said here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=683288
    (scroll down and find my post or just go to http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...7&postcount=10)

Quote Originally Posted by jryan54 View Post
    How does paypal then handle it if the client charges back on you. I had one a while back that did the old chestnut "unauthroised transaction" with paypal...and paypal then sent me to an online form that required some details about the shipping etc. Obviously as this was a service delivery I clicked "other" end entered in all the relevent details.

About 2 days later I recevied another paypal email asking me to recomplete that online form...so went back to it and guess what....the other button is gone and you MUST submit postal tracking for it.

Kind of crazy if its a service item...paypal basically said tough luck and that was it...guy scammed me for quite a bit.

So I wonder...how does the auth form cover you when that eventuality arises? Does paypal accept the faxes form etc? or do you send a debt agency after them...or charge them with fraud etc ??
    For the postal tracking just right "SERVICE - NON TANGIBLE".
    PayPal system will then say it wasn't able to find the tracking details etc. and should let you continue with submitting the details.

A CC auth form should really be used when you are processing a CC rather than using PayPal.

yeah I tried that with paypal...and they made me resubmit the form and then ruled against me

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    A CC auth form should really be used when you are processing a CC rather than using PayPal.
    How about AlertPay? If you are using AlertPay, would recommend the cc auth form? or cc auth form is good only if you are processing cc yourself manually and not using something like AlertPay or ChronoPay?

Quote Originally Posted by nimasdj View Post
    How about AlertPay? If you are using AlertPay, would recommend the cc auth form? or cc auth form is good only if you are processing cc yourself manually and not using something like AlertPay or ChronoPay?
    It all depends on what your selling, how you're selling it and the value..

With credit card processing that you do yourself and the nature of the chargeback. I have no experience with AlertPay or ChronoPay so I wouldn't be the best one to advise on it. But from personal experience, I don't find it necessary to ask for an authorisation form for PayPal since the user has to login to PayPal and pay.

Consider this scenario..
    Say a user buys something from you which does not qualify for a refund. They pay by PayPal, and then a week later tell PayPal they didn't authorise the payment and the account was hacked etc. PayPal could check the IP and see if it was fraud or not.

But apply the same scenario to a credit card where the IP address of the sign up is not sent to the merchant. It would be good to have an auth form to prove the user did in fact authorise the charge.

Hence the verified by Visa system and MasterCard secure which is more or less VISA/MC doing the authorisation for you by asking for a pin before submitting the purchase. I've heard in some cases where the above two systems are used, Visa/MC will reject a lot of chargeback claims of unauthorised transactions.

But don't let me discourage you against using an auth form for specific purposes. The products we sell and the audience we target may very well be different than yours. So if you believe it is necessary for an auth form, then go for it. Better to be safe than sorry

Here is a link to our authorization form we have won 99.9% of all chargebacks including the $500 spamming clean up fees
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

Thank you IH-Rameen and HiVelocity for all useful answers.

It all depends on what your selling, how you're selling it and the value.
    I do sell shared hosting and domain registration services. I still need to know if cc auth form for AlertPay makes sense or not? an AlertPay user please advice.

any answer yet please?

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    For the postal tracking just right "SERVICE - NON TANGIBLE".
    PayPal system will then say it wasn't able to find the tracking details etc. and should let you continue with submitting the details.
    It does let you continue, but we just lost our first paypal transaction by doing this.

Yup -- paypal reversed a transaction that was for a non-tangible item.

I even called to discuss the situation with them, and after being passed through the usual series of support reps the manager told me this is a new policy that they are now "leaning towards giving what the customer wants" rather then supporting the merchants who are using them.

Not good.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    rather then supporting the merchants who are using them.
    Not good.
    Just as I said, PayPal became pretty useless and un-trusted. I am going to find another gateway solution.

Agreed. We use paypal only because many customers specifically ask for it. (They use it to send payment directly from their bank accounts...)

We use CDGCommerce.com as our primary merchant account -- they are fantastic.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Now, the answer to TonyB is easy:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...5&postcount=31