Installing FFMpeg/Mplayer/Flvtool2

These three encoders are required as part of installation on my script, but they don't come with guides, anyone got ANY clue on how to go about installing these?

All Help Appreciated..

Ray

We've done this routine quite a few times to support scripts such as ClipShare, Dolphin, etc. I'd be happy to post some helpful links here and perhaps a few tips, but please share some details first. This is for your own dedicated server? Which OS are you running, and is it 64-bit? Which control panel, if any? With these questions answered it will be much easier to guide you.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

Here are the specs I found.

cPanel Version 11.18.3-RELEASE
    cPanel Build 21703
    Apache version 2.2.8 (Unix)
    PHP version 5.2.5
    MySQL version 5.0.45-community
    Architecture i686
    Operating system Linux
    Shared Ip Address 69.50.208.124
    Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
    Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
    Kernel version 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5
    cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1)

Does that help in any way?

I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehat View Post
    Here are the specs I found.
    Those specs do help considerably. Please make certain that PHP5 is supported by your script (for instance, the latest release of ClipShare should be fine, but the 2.x versions are not). If so, here's some help:

HOWTO: FFmpeg + FFmpeg-PHP + Mplayer + Mencoder + flv2tool + LAME MP3 Encoder + Libog

FFmpeg, FFmpeg-PHP, Lame, Libogg, Libvorbis, FLVtool2, Mplayer, Mencoder, AMR Installation

HowTo :: FFmpeg and FFpeg-Php

I've listed 3 tutorials because you'll find that where one is lacking detail, another has a better explanation. If you run into any issues by all means post back here so others can benefit or contribute.

Best of luck!
    Rick
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING

Wow I highly appreciate the help and would love a person like yourself to join my community once its completed, One more question. I have no idea how to follow those steps, do you have an MSN instant messenger? Would you like to try and install it for me? I hope thats not too much to ask.

Do you have root access? It looks like the server info is pasted from cPanel, but you'd actually need full control over the box in order to install FFmpeg/Mplayer/Flvtool2 as this is all done from the shell and only by the person with root access. It can take up to several hours to complete the work, so if you do have root access you'd be best off using a server management firm to take care of this.

If the steps in those linked articles look unfamiliar to you then please do not attempt this yourself mate. It's just too easy to wind up disabling the server in the process, and FFmpeg (along with all of its dependencies) is not for the faint of heart OR the adventurous neophyte, believe me.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING

I did a little research, and I used "putty" in order to login into my SSH? After logging in I tried to paste the commands but nothing was said back to me, it seems that I have telnet access? and not SSH? what's the diffrence?

Ok so basically, I tried to paste the commands into putty, and it replies with..

220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
    220-You are user number 8 of 50 allowed.
    220-Local time is now 11:16. Server port: 21.
    220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
    220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
    220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
    mkdir ~/ffmpeg
    500 ?
    y
    530 You aren't logged in

Rehat, only the system root user can get FFmpeg and its many, many dependencies installed. Looks like the owner of the box will need to handle this, and if they aren't willing to take care of it for you, then it may be a good time to consider transferring your account to a host that has FFmpeg installed already.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING

You need to login to SSH as user "root" not FTP. You will need a dedicated server to get "root" SSH access.

I've set up these programs on 10-15 servers now and I wrote a script that takes care of everything since I'm lazy.

If you're running CentOS 4 there's more details on my site at http://watters.ws/wiki/index.php/FFMPEG_and_ffmpeg-php

No guarantees but I hope it helps.
    Linux/BSD Systems Administrator