Example LAMP Anaconda file

Hi,

Can anybody point me in the direct of an example Anaconda file that I can use to silently setup CentOS 5 VM's (under Xen, also CentOS5).

Typically, I am looking for LAMP+standard tools, e.g. FTP, SSH, mail, etc.

I tried to create one myself, but the configurator seemed to ignore my specifics and install large groups of stuff anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

Sorry, I should have made this more clear. I am talking about a kickstart file for the above purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMur View Post
    Can anybody point me in the direct of an example Anaconda file that I can use to silently setup CentOS 5 VM's (under Xen, also CentOS5).

Typically, I am looking for LAMP+standard tools, e.g. FTP, SSH, mail, etc.
    Why don't you make a clean CentOS install once and then use an automatically generated kickstart file for other installations?
    :: Mountain Network Systems :: 323-933-9291
    eCommerce solutions since 1995
    http://www.webcart.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Webcart View Post
    Why don't you make a clean CentOS install once and then use an automatically generated kickstart file for other installations?
    That is probably what I will end up doing. In fact, I used the configurator from Fedora, but even though I thought I included and excluded specific packages, it seemed just to list the groups. When I did try to do a clean install of CentOS, it still seemed to install some odd stuff, like dial-up support.

So that's why I thought I'd ask here, rather than try to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks for the suggestion, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMur View Post
    That is probably what I will end up doing. In fact, I used the configurator from Fedora, but even though I thought I included and excluded specific packages, it seemed just to list the groups. When I did try to do a clean install of CentOS, it still seemed to install some odd stuff, like dial-up support.
    Oh, you should've mentioned the odd stuff earlier
    Even if you make an absolutely minimal install with no selected packages, you will still see a few groups/packages in your kickstart file. For Centos 5.0 I believe there are 2 or 3 entries and Centos 5.1 adds some more. Nothing to worry about. If you delete them all from your kickstart file they will still get installed.
    :: Mountain Network Systems :: 323-933-9291
    eCommerce solutions since 1995
    http://www.webcart.net/