Thread: Cisco ASA

Cisco ASA

Hello,

I am interested to buy a Cisco ASA firewall. So far I have never played with this gears and I wonder if it is easy to setup.

Is there any software provided by Cisco to setup rules and ACL thru some graphic interface software ?

Are they well documented ?

Thank you.

Easy to setup, have had a few clients use it for servers in racks.
    DigitalGoods.info
    FREE Shared, Mega Resellers + Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by Supermaniak View Post
    Hello,

I am interested to buy a Cisco ASA firewall. So far I have never played with this gears and I wonder if it is easy to setup.

Is there any software provided by Cisco to setup rules and ACL thru some graphic interface software ?

Are they well documented ?

Thank you.
    The GUI for the ASA is the ASDM. I would _strongly_ recommend becoming familiar with the CLI rather than the GUI, since that is where the real power is.

The devices are very well documented and not terribly difficult to set up for most hosting applications. We run several in production and like them much more than their predecessors, the PIX; although the codebase of the ASA was initially identical to PIX.

As far as configuration goes, if you have never owned a new piece of Cisco gear, you are in for a very pleasant surprise where ASA is concerned. If you want / need it, they will actually remote in and configure the device to your specifications. Nice touch, if you need it... Beyond 6 months you will need an annual SmartNet subscription for that kind of support.

Good luck,
    Joe
    https://ServersAndHosting.com
    Dedicated Servers | Guaranteed Hosting