[Ask] Remotely Install Centos on a dedicated server

Hello,

Is it possible to Remotely Install Centos on a dedicated server ?
    If so, may I know how?

Thanks

It's possible if your Server provider has some kind of remote console.

I know servers from www.hetzner.de come with remote console/LARA which allows you to install CentOS yourself.

Usually though when providers dont offer CentOS, its because of some hardware incompatability. There are some Realtek network adaptors which CentOS doesnt like without compiling extra drivers into the kernel.

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your answer.
    Ahh.. Sorry. Maybe my question is confusing..

Maybe I should ask:
    "How to install centos to the servers via LAN?"

Like I now just want to play with 3 servers I have in my home. I only have 1 monitor, 1 keyboard, and 1 mouse. I know I just can unplug the monitor and plugin again to another box if I want to install that box.
    But, I just wonder if I can just do it remotely via LAN from 1 pc to reload the os of the others servers... Is it possible? or the only way just unplug and plug the monitor and keyboard cables?

Thanks

A regular KVM would be the way to go. You can share the same keyboard and monitor with all your boxes at the flick of a switch (or key sequence).

Alternatively, if your servers support PXE, you can you setup your own netboot server, and boot each of your servers off the network. However, you would need to boot them off the network every time even after the install, unless you connected back to them locally and changed the bios to boot off the hard drive.
    ASTUTE HOSTING: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, PEER1, Shaw, Tinet)
    MicroServers.io: Enterprise Dedicated Hardware with IPMI at VPS-like Prices using AS63213 Affordable Bandwidth (Cogent, HE, Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

Quote Originally Posted by hhw View Post
    A regular KVM would be the way to go. You can share the same keyboard and monitor with all your boxes at the flick of a switch (or key sequence).
    LOL
    This is the solution
    Why I didn't thought about it!
    Thanks for reminding friend! Will go for it for sure

I just think about 1 case:
    Question : How about if control other servers by laptop via LAN? Laptop can use regular KVM?

Thanks

https://ServersAndHosting.com
    Dedicated Servers | Guaranteed Hosting